Vw crafter vs nissan cabstar tippers

griffinjp

I have 2 cabstars and rate em, old shape (06),incidentally one for sale, both carry n tow well, parts seem dear but I’ve mainly had transits in the past which were generally cheaper.
Only (not personal) experience of the crafters is of 2 big vans which both had several engine management, electrical and rust issues,

I run a single cab Crafter, its a nice vehicle for the job. Single wheel isn't the best for carrying heavy load as it moves about a lot more than twin rear wheels. They are a fair bit larger size wise compared to Cabstar if your are trying to fit into small driveways. Wouldn't bother with double cab, even longer so need more length for parking, plus payload will be even smaller(but that's another argument on this forum :) )

Just my opinion but if you are looking at buying new or newish steer away from VW.
Build quality certainly isn't what it used to be. I have never really been that impressed with our new transporter 4motion and wouldn't touch another VW with a barge pole.

Edited by scraggs

On 17/10/2018 at 22:55, timbernut said:

I have 2 cabstars and rate em, old shape (06),incidentally one for sale, both carry n tow well, parts seem dear but I’ve mainly had transits in the past which were generally cheaper.
Only (not personal) experience of the crafters is of 2 big vans which both had several engine management, electrical and rust issues,

from my expeiriance of my cabstar yes parts may be dear but you very rarely need any ,