milled in the Spring, fitted today

difflock

A bit of weatherboarding, in a nod to the Muslim faith(the Persian Rug makers) I deliberately left my mistake at the bottom left.

Perhaps because I cut the boards as thin as possible, and left to season lying to the North over the summer, non of the ends split.

I still need to finish the top and  add more screws, then to be treated with cresote tomorrow or Wed.

DSC00030 for internet.jpg

DSC00028 for internet.jpg

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5

Necessity and endless supply of wood coupled with high price of preservative has meant in the past 12 months I’ve built a lawnmower shed, a shed for my chipper and a drying deck, all with green wood and no issues whatsoever. I’m gonna build a man shed with seasoned wood but thought I may as well go ahead and do some decking with fresh spruce. What’s the worse that can happen?

• Like 1

See images, 

As I was washing the (probably) 20 year old salvaged polycarbonate on the inside , I became aware of odd noises, kinda like between a creak and a ting, outside.

So I went and looked, the cresote had very quickly found the incipient stress fractures, in the Polycarbonate sheeting, at the screw fixings, and "went to town".

So fast as to be almost unbelievable.

The polycarbonate "washers", pictured,  freely fell away when I unscrewed the screws.

That vintage cresote sure is good stuff!

A re-thunk is now required.

m

DSC00034 (800x600).jpg

DSC00035 (800x600).jpg

DSC00032 (800x600).jpg

Edited by difflock