Solidur type c trousers

adam_86

• 1 year later...

On 08/12/2019 at 05:55, salamandar said:

nearly down to the bone all stitched up now and boss buys all our ppe so not my wallet. usually have the sthill trousers, but bought these cos they were cheap. will advise him not to issue out anymore of these. and will not be cutting so close to my knee in future haha

Do you have any pictures of the pants and your leg?

Did you contact Solidur? If so what was their reply?

Like stere said a higher class of pant may have worked better. I think we often forget that all our "professional grade" saws are either borderline class 2/3 or straight up class 3. So class 1 protection is a bit of a joke really. I've heard stories of the same happening with other brands.

The class certification testing is a bit shitty really, doesn't really account for if you get hit with the push side of the bar at full revs and the revs are kept on.

Glad to hear you're healed up though man

• 4 months later...

I've just seen this, last year i done some research on chainsaw trousers.  i found It doesn't matter what Brand you  wear as an outer, and it's not all down to the class of trouser ( although 2/3 are better obviously) i have seen a report on a well known brand, the questions they asked were what saw did you use? (for the speed of the saw) was it a new chain? and maybe you guys might not think of this one, but how often do you wash your trousers. The report came back saw was too fast for class 1, old dirty chain and trousers hadn't been washed for over 6 weeks outcome user at fault. I looked into washing trousers a bit more, the KWF recommend wash every two weeks or 24 washes maximum before you re-new your trousers, so basically buy a new pair once a year but make sure you wash what you have a least every 2 weeks, as oil,dirt and weather conditions effect your trousers by weakening the fibres in the blocking material, and can reduce your protection by up to 70%.  off to visit my whirlpool machine now