Cameras to detect overweight vehicles

Steve Bullman

A massive thing here in the uk, with most arb companies running significantly overweight on a daily basis.

Another thing the tip site directory will cut down on, the need to overload your trucks.

https://trans.info/en/british-systems-catch-overloaded-trucks-see-how-they-work-108579?fbclid=IwAR2MtONO_Ibx92G97KLFtxEee-yhxLWasMdB7WX9V-2fpPJkPnQGFbOyObM

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Have they got one for people ? Then send for the fat police .

Was listening to a piece on the wireless the other day about new laws to reduce the calories in pies and pizzas etc because of obesity...  Why should I have my calories reduced because some lard ass spends all day shovelling junk food down their Gregory whilst needing a JCB to heave them off the sofa 4 times a day for their piss break.

I have to have MY calories reduced when I occasionally buy a pie after some particularly strenuous work and I'm stuck between meals because some idle bar steward uses them as a staple.  How's that for a diverse and inclusive society - penalise the many for the sins of the few.

Flying back from Summer break there was an announcement from the pilot.  We won't be dishing out any nuts on this flight, and if you've got any you're not allowed to open them because 1 overly sensitive, selfish bar steward might just up and die if he so much as sees a peanut!

And then there's the art gallery that thought it would be a good idea to change the word "women" to "womxn" so as to better represent the minority ethnic and gender fluid portions of that gender.  What about the overwhelming majority of women that DON"T subscribe to this pathetic PC nonsense?  What about their inclusivity? 

Maybe it's time to become a disabled, BME, gender fluid, victim of the State so as to be better represented.....

What was the question again....?  Weight camera for vehicles....  There'll probably need to be an exemption for diverse, minority, transient communities so as not to adversely infringe upon their individual freedoms...  Bhah!

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Was listening to a piece on the wireless the other day about new laws to reduce the calories in pies and pizzas etc because of obesity...  Why should I have my calories reduced because some lard ass spends all day shovelling junk food down their Gregory whilst needing a JCB to heave them off the sofa 4 times a day for their piss break.

I have to have MY calories reduced when I occasionally buy a pie after some particularly strenuous work and I'm stuck between meals because some idle bar steward uses them as a staple.  How's that for a diverse and inclusive society - penalise the many for the sins of the few.

Flying back from Summer break there was an announcement from the pilot.  We won't be dishing out any nuts on this flight, and if you've got any you're not allowed to open them because 1 overly sensitive, selfish bar steward might just up and die if he so much as sees a peanut!

And then there's the art gallery that thought it would be a good idea to change the word "women" to "womxn" so as to better represent the minority ethnic and gender fluid portions of that gender.  What about the overwhelming majority of women that DON"T subscribe to this pathetic PC nonsense?  What about their inclusivity? 

Maybe it's time to become a disabled, BME, gender fluid, victim of the State so as to be better represented.....

What was the question again....?  Weight camera for vehicles....  There'll probably need to be an exemption for diverse, minority, transient communities so as not to adversely infringe upon their individual freedoms...  Bhah!

Is your wireless a Bakelite one Kev ? ?

Edited by Stubby
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

A massive thing here in the uk, with most arb companies running significantly overweight on a daily basis.

Another thing the tip site directory will cut down on, the need to overload your trucks.

https://trans.info/en/british-systems-catch-overloaded-trucks-see-how-they-work-108579?fbclid=IwAR2MtONO_Ibx92G97KLFtxEee-yhxLWasMdB7WX9V-2fpPJkPnQGFbOyObM

good job i dont get on the motorway much and may be even less in the future ,

20151005_181658.jpg

That is a pretty substantial set of wires in the carriageway,  should be not to hard to spot.  Suggest its probably within a few miles of a weigh bridge.    I have just such a weigh bridge at M1 J18 so will have a look as I drive that bit of motorway fairly often.

A