Stihl & grease nipples!

Old Mill Tree Care

When a few of us went to the Stihl HQ visit they talked about the hedge trimmer attachment.
The older style was meant to take two different types of grease in the head. I was never told that when ever I bought the tubes of grease.

The newer ones are one type of grease now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Cormack said:

When a few of us went to the Stihl HQ visit they talked about the hedge trimmer attachment.
The older style was meant to take two different types of grease in the head. I was never told that when ever I bought the tubes of grease.

I was told strimmer head grease could be used in hedgecutter but not vice versa

23 hours ago, swinny said:

Do you do a lot?

Those 13mm can round off.... you put them back with a nip and are solid to get off....

Those stihl tubes are a rip off..... remove bung and shove end of grease gun on and grease....

How often do you grease your trimmers? the main body can use loads.

Grease nipples are for convenience and getting on with the job

That’s what I was getting at in my poast, but it went over the heads of quite a few.

4 hours ago, Old Mill Tree Care said:

Yes it is because it gets left in long grass instead of put away in the correct place so the real cost is a spanner nearly every day.
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.png

Bale twin ? just keep it a different colour to the twine holding up your strides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:02, Al Cormack said:

Strange. Doesn't make much sense to me, unless they are now making the high speed bevel gears out of some super duper material.   You might see the grease recommendation change at some point like they did for the older versions.