Hard wearing arb tripod ladder recommendation

orang-utan

We have most of the workware tripod steps, from 6foot to the tallest. I like these as they are very robust, adjustable 3 legs, and a blank top, so nothing gets in the way when hedge cutting, also apart from the single leg on the biggest set, every other set uses spring loaded pins to adjust legs so much quicker, and the lads haven't successfully broken any yet, touch wood. So much quicker, safer and lighter than any other steps we have had, especially tripod ladders we used to use a lot. Peter

• Like 1

Looking at getting one..

Seems there 3 brands: henchman, hendon (workware) & hawesgawa.Is there  any difference in quality between them? Haesgawa are the more expensive jap ones sold by niwaki. Also come in standard and heavy duty versions in each size.

Also platform or standard.

Any  advantage of 150kg max load over 100kg  ladders  more durable?

Hendon standard and heavy duty are both rated 150kg which doesn't seem to make sense?

I have a Henchman tripod and the welds are going where the steps attach to the uprights in a couple of places. I like the platform and bar at the top to lean against.
A customer of mine has a set of Haesgawa tripods, and they are much better built and sturdier to use, thnan the Henchman. It is what I will be buying next time.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well one of the pull rings on the hendon adjustment pins somehow broke without me noticting  and lost a spring so need to get a replacement spring.

Spare replacement spring for use with Hendon Tripod Ladders. Weight - 0.02 kg Brand - Hendon Ladders

Only happened as the rings to pull the springs/pins are very weak/filmsy ,I think i will see if I can find more beefy ones  to fit and replace them.

Detent Pin with Pull Ring, Stainless Steel | RENCOL

Chunky one:

41FXLJKaJ-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by Stere

Just sold a 12’ Henchman for £150.00 as seem to use the cherry picker in preference. One thing I did notice was the poor quality of the paint and it coming away in big flakes. Also the chrome was rusting in spite of it being stored in a shed. On the upside it was very easy to move single handedly on the attached wheels.