What's my mill worth?

Ilnumero

I have to sell my mill.

It's a Norwood Lumbermate 2000 with lots of expensive extras including extended bed, trailer package, log winching kit, quick clamps, the largest motor available, about 20 bands for various timbers.

It's all in perfect working order and good condition. Priced new, it's about at least 16k worth of gear. 

I'm thinking about 6500. 

What do you guys think? Yes, I know the buyers amongst you are going to say it's too dear, but I think my price is about right for what it is.

Actual "value"
And what someone will pay are two different things.
How old is it?
Stored outdoors?
What condition is it in?
Where are you based?
How quick do you need to sell it?
Especially as you can buy most of the above new from other brands for not much more than your second hand price.

Example:
I watched my neighbour recondition his trailer,
He spent hundreds of pounds and several days labour, stripping the old wood out, grinding off all the rust,two coats of quality paint, 4 new wheels and tyres and 4 new spares,
New jockey wheel and new spare. All wooden floor redone with 2" planks, fitted a winch and bastard boards, added a ramp.
I looked on thinking mmmm nice trailer.
3months later he's moving house and changing business.
You want to buy my trailer for £400? he asked me.
(After 2weeks on eBay with no bids).
I got a £1000+ trailer for £400.

If you're not in a hurry then you might get that price.
Good luck.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:24, Ilnumero said:

I have to sell my mill.

It's a Norwood Lumbermate 2000 with lots of expensive extras including extended bed, trailer package, log winching kit, quick clamps, the largest motor available, about 20 bands for various timbers.

It's all in perfect working order and good condition. Priced new, it's about at least 16k worth of gear. 

I'm thinking about 6500. 

What do you guys think? Yes, I know the buyers amongst you are going to say it's too dear, but I think my price is about right for what it is.

I would look at the current offerings from Norwood.  If you do this you may realise you are unlikely to get £6500 for a mill that has been out of production for quite a few years now.  I know someone near me trying to sell a Lumbermate 2000 for about £3500 and had no interest.  I know yours has extras but a buyer may not need these. 

Have a look at completed listings on ebay and you will see what they actually sell for.

I am not looking to buy one by the way, so I have no axe to grind.  Good luck with the sale anyway.