Entec 150 no stress replacement

sinule

Hello,

The no stress board has died on my entec 150, have by-passed it for now so I can keep it running.

I've read that you can use the no stress board from a tw150, but even they don't seem to be readily available (to be fair I've only scanned the web pages of a couple of tw parts dealers).

I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this issue recently-ish? I've seen some old posts with info and advice but they were years ago and I'm not quite sure what my best course of action is in the here and now.

Part of me thinks an Arduino could probably handle the job with ease... If it's loads of money to replace the no stress I'm tempted to investigate that route...

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

3 minutes ago, sinule said:

Hello,

The no stress board has died on my entec 150, have by-passed it for now so I can keep it running.

I've read that you can use the no stress board from a tw150, but even they don't seem to be readily available (to be fair I've only scanned the web pages of a couple of tw parts dealers).

I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this issue recently-ish? I've seen some old posts with info and advice but they were years ago and I'm not quite sure what my best course of action is in the here and now.

Part of me thinks an Arduino could probably handle the job with ease... If it's loads of money to replace the no stress I'm tempted to investigate that route...

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

I had prochip replace mine on my entec just as Mike had his hand ripped in half. It was a whole new sensor and new mounting, a bit of adjusting. Etc. Cost around £320-350 I believe, around 8 years ago. No problem as yet....touch wood. My mate tried to mend the old box with an electronic friend, was a total waste of their time they said

Thanks for the reply, that sounds reasonable price-wise. Not heard of prochip before, I should probably mention that I'm based in the south east. The nearest ARB engineering shop to me are total rip off merchants, always trying to scam people, so if anyone can suggest someone in my neck of the woods (east Sussex / Kent / east side of West Sussex) who are good I'd be grateful.

I did have a quick look at the board on the off chance there was an obvious component that had blown but nothing stood out so I don't recon it's worth me pursuing a quick and cheap fix that way.

On 11/10/2018 at 08:34, Gareth Phoenix said:

Hi, we at Green plant are your area Timberwolf dealer 01453 235111. We can help you if you can show us the type of unit you currently have , the machines serial number and the number of teeth on the trigger wheel then we can supply an upgrade no-stress unit . Gareth of Green Plant

Hi, I've got the other info, but I'm not sure which teeth you're referring to with the trigger wheel? The no stress CB seems to just be measuring the voltage spikes from a coil type arrangement, each spike corresponding to one rpm. I've attached a photo. An adjustable bolt spins round on the flywheel and each time it passes the coil you can see the back of the coil lighting up (sparking inside the coil housing).

Thanks

IMG_20181014_132921.jpg