New tip site directory coming soon

Steve Bullman

1 hour ago, sbyorkshire said:

Hi brilliant idea,

Any sites around Harrogate, York !

We told a few tree surgeons to go to the local allotment site but they are getting a bit over run with it and security is a problem.

thanks

Just 2 at the moment.  Hopefully will get a lot more when we go live in a couple days 

Its free...more fool me, specially when I take into account literally the hundreds of hours development thats gone into it, not even including costs.  

Similar story in Cheltenham currently as above.

2082517456_ScreenShot2018-10-11at14_16_13.png.b9acde293f4eb20784d25763ffbbfb02.png

Could you not do a sign up app Steve to cover your time / costs in developments etc? I’m sure not many people would begrudge having a pay for app directory if its going to aid them with their business, and least you’ll get a bit back for your efforts, and there will be continuing updates etc i would imagine with new sites etc. I know i wouldn’t begrudge it and i’m only a domestic / home wollower, not a pro like the rest of the guys. Even if it was only £1, its something back to you for your efforts.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Could you not do a sign up app Steve to cover your time / costs in developments etc? I’m sure not many people would begrudge having a pay for app directory if its going to aid them with their business, and least you’ll get a bit back for your efforts, and there will be continuing updates etc i would imagine with new sites etc. I know i wouldn’t begrudge it and i’m only a domestic / home wollower, not a pro like the rest of the guys. Even if it was only £1, its something back to you for your efforts.

Maths don't add up.  The apps would cost a minimum of £3000 to make, and that would be just the initial costs.  Then everytime apple updates its iOS the app will need further updating.  Selling it at £1, after apple took their bite of the cherry would leave me about 63p per app sold.  

I am considering a donate button on the listings, although I doubt it would be used.

Ultimately its all a part of the bigger picture in adding value to Arbtalk.  It would be nice if it could pay for itself though as I am considerably out of pocket on this little project!

• Like 1

This is such a great idea and thank you for the effort thats gone into this!

I have a job this weekend in Beaconsfield and my yard is around 60miles away - do you know if there are local sites for both clean chip and logs? (a mix of hardwoods and soft wood) 

I'm also more than happy to pay to save the pain of 2 plus trips a day

Thanks

Bryn Wilde

6 minutes ago, WildeWood93 said:

This is such a great idea and thank you for the effort thats gone into this!

I have a job this weekend in Beaconsfield and my yard is around 60miles away - do you know if there are local sites for both clean chip and logs? (a mix of hardwoods and soft wood) 

I'm also more than happy to pay to save the pain of 2 plus trips a day

Thanks

Bryn Wilde

Got this one but right nearby but only accepts certain chippings.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 22.58.10.png

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Got this one but right nearby but only accepts certain chippings.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 22.58.10.png

Thank you for this! Is pretty much all willow, cheery and conifer. I've just had a check to be certain and they're all fine to my knowledge? How do I find the contact details for Carly Brogan?

Thanks again Steve

Just now, WildeWood93 said:

Thank you for this! Is pretty much all willow, cheery and conifer. I've just had a check to be certain and they're all fine to my knowledge? How do I find the contact details for Carly Brogan?

Thanks again Steve

Or this ones even better but its a school site so wether you can gain access on a weekend im not sure, probably worth a phone call though.

Pop back tomorrow night and it should be live, you'll be able to access the contact details

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 23.05.46.png