Carmanah Giant - Worlds Tallest Spruce

RC0

Man I love these vids when you take the drone out in the brush Reg. Really takes me back to my roots.  I cut my teeth limbing, topping and rigging spar poles for lift (pimp was the job name) with yarder outfits in Sitka Spruce territory. Banged over a lot of big tops in 200 plus footers back in the day.  Just an incredible tree with some of the most amazing wood I have ever had the privilege of working with. Sitka Spruce and Redwood are my 2 all time favorite trees to work with. I for one really appreciate you sharing these vids with us. This one really made my day.  

2 hours ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

Beautiful drone footage , next best thing to flying . Well worth the effort.

what age would it be.?

Thanks all.

I heard it estimated at 400 years, then elsewhere upto 700. So its anyones guess really. Its a big thumping tree thats for sure. But im sure theres taller that ive walked past within the area. My friend Scott had a little climb, but didont get far before we ran out of time. But its a good scale pic at least

20181006_142411_resized(1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RC0 said:

Thanks all.

I heard it estimated at 400 years, then elsewhere upto 700. So its anyones guess really. Its a big thumping tree thats for sure. But im sure theres taller that ive walked past within the area. My friend Scott had a little climb, but didont get far before we ran out of time. But its a good scale pic at least

20181006_142411_resized(1).jpg

Yes the climber certainly gives an indication of scale, I'm enjoying the views vicariously from your drone as I'll never see such grand trees myself.