Northern Arb ...... Please wake up .

White Noise

Just now, White Noise said:

When we ordered it clearly stated 3 days delivery ?  

The gear we ordered from Italy  wasnt everday arb stuff .

What I cant understand is when we order from the parent company  Saturn Knives ..there is communication and  goods get delivered  .

18 minutes ago, White Noise said:

When we ordered it clearly stated 3 days delivery ?  

The gear we ordered from Italy  wasnt everday arb stuff .

What I cant understand is when we order from the parent company  Saturn Knives ..there is communication and  goods get delivered  .

It isn’t complicated is it?  Process the order quickly or if there is going to be a delay tell the customer.  I have never used Northern Arb but I think from their largely defensive response I will make sure I never do.  How dare they object to you expressing your concerns on a forum!

They will be telling you next not to tell your mates if you ever have bad service from them.  Sorry guys but it is up to you to give good service not your customers’ responsibility to keep quiet about your shortcomings.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

You did better than we did. Placed order, paid for it, waited a fortnight before ringing up to be told that hey had none in stock and wouldn't have a production run within the next four to six weeks.

And NA :scared1: probably one in ten orders are satisfactory. They really need to get their house in order unfortunately.

I know several people with the exact same story. Money is taken, no communication, then weeks later told out of stock after chasing them. I personally ordered a chipper anvil that said was in stock, about 3 weeks it took after a call 2 weeks after ordering. Oil and chains I've had no bother with, but no way would I use them for a time sensitive order

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

With regards to orders not received, we would strongly advise you to either ring or email us like most customers do. You might find it's also quicker to resolve your problems by contacting the suppler as supposed to getting answers from forums.

Northern Arb Supplies

If you're taking online payments/orders that you are unable to fulfil, is it your standard practice then, to wait until the purchaser starts to chase up items that haven't arrived? Then inform them that it's not in stock and won't be available for a number of weeks? 

The Rotatech chains were announced with a lot of fanfare and encouragement to trial them. Our attempts were far from satisfactory in even getting them delivered and the attitude when chasing them up left a lot to be desired. Later communications then blamed a staff member who was no longer an employee! 

Good communications with the customer are important. If something is ordered it's expected to arrive or, at least, the customer reasonably expects to be informed of delays. Not to have to chase up non-deliveries only then to be informed that it's not coming for some time. 

21 hours ago, AHPP said:

I wonder whether the opposite is also true? Northern Arb get slated on here prodigiously. Perhaps they’re just a fashionable company to slate on this particular forum and actually there are loads equally bad?

P.S. I’ve had one dealing with Northern Arb and they delivered fine.

My experiences have nothing to do with fashion. I'm also aware that they have had some issues over the last few years, businesses do but that's history. But their approach to communication with the customer is pretty poor, from personal experience on a number of purchases. Online purchases are probably better avoided entirely, you'll pay your money, wait in hope and then have to spend time making phone calls to find out why your stuff isn't coming. It needs sorting out and I hope that it does get sorted out.

Personally, when the service is good I'll say that it is good. So equally, when things need improving something should be said.  

• 2 months later...
On 08/10/2018 at 07:30, Gary Prentice said:

You did better than we did. Placed order, paid for it, waited a fortnight before ringing up to be told that hey had none in stock and wouldn't have a production run within the next four to six weeks.

And NA :scared1: probably one in ten orders are satisfactory. They really need to get their house in order unfortunately.

Did the same a Gary, they keep telling me they will ring back, but don't. I wouldn't mind if they told me that the parts are on back order I just want to know whats going on. They have not even given a crap excuse yet. Wish I had read this before placing the order.

I've not purchased anything from Northern Arb, but do use Saturn Knives, no complaints there, although turnaround time has varied a lot. They find time to ring me every so often to promote their services - perhaps the time could be spent better on other things?

On a different note, I use Gustharts for supplies and cannot fault their speed of delivery. I order on the net, and on the rare occasion I need to check something by phone they are helpful every time.

They even put Stihl orange sweeties in most parcels. One time when crunching on one I broke the side of one of my teeth (that had previously been filled a lot). Ouch. Stihl use them for everything. 

4 hours ago, maybelateron said:

I've not purchased anything from Northern Arb, but do use Saturn Knives, no complaints there, although turnaround time has varied a lot. They find time to ring me every so often to promote their services - perhaps the time could be spent better on other things?

On a different note, I use Gustharts for supplies and cannot fault their speed of delivery. I order on the net, and on the rare occasion I need to check something by phone they are helpful every time.

They even put Stihl orange sweeties in most parcels. One time when crunching on one I broke the side of one of my teeth (that had previously been filled a lot). Ouch. Stihl use them for everything. 

There's a disclaimer in our T&C's, we take no responsibility for broken teeth, please take this up with Stihl......... :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 6