Anti vibration gloves

gobbypunk

Hi guys how many of you like me suffer from white finger , quite a few I expect so I have been using anti vibe gloves ( when I can find them   Ha ha ) but they have now worn out and I have been looking at getting some new ones but price ranges from a £10 to £50 and they don’t look that different so before I buy any thought I would find out what everyone else thinks , or buys 

Thanks Mark

We have to wear some gizmo’s at work called “havware” stands for hand arm vibration ware, its like wearing a wrist watch basically. Each time you pick up a certain tool, i.e buzz gun, grinder, impact driver etc, anything that causes vibrations to travel up your arm / hand, you have to log on your little monitor to the appropriate tool. (Press a button on the watch, hold it against the tag on the tool, after a few seconds it’ll beep and buzz to say your logged on) as you use the tool over a period of time the vibration amount racks up according to severity of use. Each tag / tool racks up at a different rate according to what the industry has decided upon. [emoji848][emoji849]?
Anyway, when the guy came to give us the training on how to use these he told us that, anyone who has been pre diagnosed with vibration white finger basically is frigged! There are no “anti-vibration” variations of ppe out there that will prevent vwf, the best and only thing to do is simply pad yourself out the best you can using thick gloves and the like, but the MOST important thing to do, is to ensure your hands are kept warm and dry in all situations and conditions as to increase blood flow to your hands the best you can for increased blood circulation etc.
I did point out that this is easier said than done depending on the individuals job and needs. Then the cover your arse spiel started to flow from his gills so i switched off after that! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
I’d recommend just decent gloves gpunk, we use skytec gloves but we’re working inside so no need to be waterproof, you guys will be exposed to the worst so i’d defo try get some waterproof ones, or put some latex gloves on as a minimum with fabric ones over top.

• Like 1