Bandsaw Mill Blades

Wendelspanswick

You should get them from Stephen Cull and order Ripper37 blades. 

https://www.stephencullblademaster.com/product-page/woodland-mills-hm126-ripper37-blades

Best blades on the market plus he has a resharp service. Also offers sawmill training and advice (30 years as a sawyer with his own mill!!) 

6 hours ago, Yorkshire Guy said:

You should get them from Stephen Cull and order Ripper37 blades. 

https://www.stephencullblademaster.com/product-page/woodland-mills-hm126-ripper37-blades

Best blades on the market plus he has a resharp service. Also offers sawmill training and advice (30 years as a sawyer with his own mill!!) 

Yeah I get my blades from Stephen Cull also.  Very good and not expensive.  I would put a thumbs up emoji in here but I have no idea how to!

As has been said Stephen Cull is your man, great bloke.

I've got a HM130, ordered a pack of Lennox blades when I bought the machine, can't put on here how bad there were without getting kicked of the forum!

I swapped to Ripper37 20 months ago and won't use anything else now, each one fits perfectly without having to re-track.

Delivery is second to none, I placed an order last Thursday at 13.30 they arrived 8.30 following morning.

10 hours ago, Forest2Furniture said:

As has been said Stephen Cull is your man, great bloke.

I've got a HM130, ordered a pack of Lennox blades when I bought the machine, can't put on here how bad there were without getting kicked of the forum!

I swapped to Ripper37 20 months ago and won't use anything else now, each one fits perfectly without having to re-track.

Delivery is second to none, I placed an order last Thursday at 13.30 they arrived 8.30 following morning.

Have to agree on the Lenox blades, they seem way to brittle compared to other blades.  

So I found that Frank Gamwell is cheaper for Ripper blades than Stephen Cull.

10 blades 12' x 1 3/8" come in at £275 including VAT and delivery.

Or 

10 blades 12' x 1 1/4" for £253 including VAT and delivery.

http://www.frankgamwell.com/order-blades/4540102203

On the other hand my local saw sharpening place, EPS, can do 10 Fenes Storm blades 12' x 1 1/4" for £210 including VAT and collection.

https://www.eps-services.co.uk/store

Or Koronet bimetal blades 12' x 1 3/8" for £30 each if you order 10 (plus VAT).

Decisions, decisions...

2 hours ago, Wendelspanswick said:

So I found that Frank Gamwell is cheaper for Ripper blades than Stephen Cull.

10 blades 12' x 1 3/8" come in at £275 including VAT and delivery.

Or 

10 blades 12' x 1 1/4" for £253 including VAT and delivery.

http://www.frankgamwell.com/order-blades/4540102203

On the other hand my local saw sharpening place, EPS, can do 10 Fenes Storm blades 12' x 1 1/4" for £210 including VAT and collection.

https://www.eps-services.co.uk/store

Or Koronet bimetal blades 12' x 1 3/8" for £30 each if you order 10 (plus VAT).

Decisions, decisions...

I haven't got my invoices with me at home, but I am sure I only pay around £21 per blade when you buy 10 from Stephen Cull.  Mind you I buy inch and a quarter not inch and three eighths maybe this is the reason?

I have never used EPS to purchase blades but I used to use them for sharpening.  They were very convenient collecting and delivering in their own van, but I am afraid the blades were not well sharpened.  In fact I would say there are very few places that really know how to sharpen these blades properly, and I would say Stephen Cull is one of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest bill from Stephen Cull for 10 blades x 1 1/4" for my HM130, think they're the same size as the HM126 was £259.20 inc VAT & delivery, next day delivery.

I've also had blades sharpened by him, again fast turn around and good service.

What's your thinking behind using 1 3/8" blades?

Edited by Forest2Furniture

On 07/10/2018 at 22:56, Forest2Furniture said:

My latest bill from Stephen Cull for 10 blades x 1 1/4" for my HM130, think they're the same size as the HM126 was £259.20 inc VAT & delivery, next day delivery.

I've also had blades sharpened by him, again fast turn around and good service.

What's your thinking behind using 1 3/8" blades?

The 1 3/8" blades are 0.043" instead of the 0.042" of the 1 1/4" blades do opinion seems to be that they give a smoother cut (less blade deviation) and fracture less often.

Not sure myself, just wondering if anyone had tried it first hand.