Chain snaps

westphalian

14 hours ago, westphalian said:

turned oil to max, will mill on sunday

fullsizeoutput_15da.jpeg

You might also try engineering cutting oil, it's a water soluble oil for milling and sawing steel. Get a litre from yr friendly  engineering works, mix it to a gallon, with water n use that. The water content will cool the bar way better -but it does make yr clothes stink ! K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

You might also try engineering cutting oil, it's a water soluble oil for milling and sawing steel. Get a litre from yr friendly  engineering works, mix it to a gallon, with water n use that. The water content will cool the bar way better -but it does make yr clothes stink ! K

I hate the stink of slurry .

• 1 month later...

well another snapped despite on full oil.

been googling.

so is lo pro not suitable for the power of the ms661?

is the few mm a lo pro saves worth it? (that was from a post from Rob on here several years ago)

do i need a specific lo pro sprocket?

i have now ran out of tie straps to repair the chains so i'm gonna have to do something

I think, if it’s not a 3/8 lopro sprocket, that’s the problem with the chain breaking. 

3/8 and 3/8 lopro May look the same but they work/behave differently.  From what I’ve gleaned around the web, the lopro is a slightly bigger sprocket, and some where in USA I read that some guys were turning down 404 sprockets to fit the lopro. 

I’ve also read that using the wrong sprocket is like using a very worn sprocket. 

I cant remember what threads they were.

also I’m guessing you got the right bar with the tip sprocket is 3/8 lopro not a std 3/8 ?  If it is wrong then it will sit to high on the tip

• Like 2