Set of echo Sugihara bars for my huskys

huskywilson

4 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

oil come and visit ya when i'm next back in Wickla (Wicklow, The Garden County of Eire)

We'll have a beer in the powerscourt hotel bar in Enniskerry then. Nearly across the road from me.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 19:00, outonalimb said:

Impressive bit of crosscutting with what looks like a 241 !

Almost forgot to mention. The reason that bar is on the 241 is I wanted to see how the Husky Narrow Kerf chain did on the Stihl. And it is fast. But it doesn't last much longer than 3/8 LP chain. Add in it cost more than standard 325, at least here in Ireland, and it ended up just being a study. It didn't take very much time to adapt the bar, tho.

1 hour ago, wyk said:

We'll have a beer in the powerscourt hotel bar in Enniskerry then. Nearly across the road from me.

ahhh yer stihl living there then?  I'm originally a Greystones lad,  my parents are living in Kilpedder now though.  I have a few old school friends from Enniskerry.  I used to love the road from the N11 into Enniskerry as i used to ride it every morning back in the early 1990's,  sooooooo many bends!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wyk said:

Almost forgot to mention. The reason that bar is on the 241 is I wanted to see how the Husky Narrow Kerf chain did on the Stihl. And it is fast. But it doesn't last much longer than 3/8 LP chain. Add in it cost more than standard 325, at least here in Ireland, and it ended up just being a study. It didn't take very much time to adapt the bar, tho.

I had basically the same setup on Dolmar PS421 (.325 lo pro) and found it quite a wicked combination. The only drawback was that the chains didn't look terribly robust although I had no problems.

• Thanks 1

On 25/10/2018 at 13:18, outonalimb said:

I had basically the same setup on Dolmar PS421 (.325 lo pro) and found it quite a wicked combination. The only drawback was that the chains didn't look terribly robust although I had no problems.

Part of the reason I decided against it is the shortage of bar options. And what bars there were available didn't last me very long at all. That ported 241 now runs a sugi laminated bar with 325 semi chisel all day long.

On 29/10/2018 at 11:13, wyk said:

Part of the reason I decided against it is the shortage of bar options. And what bars there were available didn't last me very long at all. That ported 241 now runs a sugi laminated bar with 325 semi chisel all day long.

I should mention that NK, aka Low Pro 325 bars and chains are no longer difficult to come by like when I first rigged that B&C to my 241 several years prior, and much more affordable since I no longer have to import it from the states. ChainsawbarsUK have a lot of options. Just make sure your bar is thin enough to easily run the NK. Some bars are rather thick(like the Tsumura solid pro bars).  But maybe Rob has done some testing on the bars he carries. @RobD