Huztl 372 kit build

Toad

Some more mods done , OEM  high top cover , OEM hd filter and 372 xtorq hd filter intake with the divider removed , should have better flow and  carb limiters  removed as H setting better flow at high end set at 13000 4 stroking , did have it set at 13300 and was fine but set it rich for more break in 

IMG_9497.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

• Like 1

Should go well with the 20" bar on it. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

How often do or will you use it? I seem to have knackered my wrist, opening doors is bloody painful, so I doubt I'll get to play with mine for a few weeks.

It took me a few moments of thinking that I recognised the saw on the Facebook group to realise it was yours.

yes its posted on hutzl farmertec builders  facebook  too ,i,ll be hopefully using it soon on a big elm trunk  only used it on a few cuts on a 20 inch elm and then a  20inch pine tree and then a lot of pine firewood logs  and then  filmed a birch a few days ago before the better filter supplied , but the file is too big to upload to here 7mb is the limit , its a 48 second vid and is hd and is 240mb 

Edited by huskywilson

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to use the saw properly for a while this morning. Had a big beech felled, so set about cutting it up and put a tank and a bit of fuel through it. Seemed to go really well, nibbling through 18"-20" limbs and below quickly and with little fuss. The clutch seemed to slip a couple of times when I pushed the saw a bit too hard, hopefully it'll settle in, but it didn't really stop progress.

The oiler output seems very variable, turned it up to 4x turns out from fully in and it seemed to be better not sure it will produce enough for the 24" bar though. I've got another non-genuine oil pump I could try if it proves to be too frugal.

Lost the little screw from the chain brake handle. Had tried to keep an eye on it as I'd had it come loose before, but it escaped me. Found one that would do as a replacement and loctited it in.

Excuse the farmer droop, I did tighten the chain after this photo was taken.

IMG-20181109-WA0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Put another tank of fuel through it today, still seems to be going well. Thinned the chain oil out a little and the tank seems to be nearly empty at the same time it ran out of fuel, which hopefully indicates it isn't too far off oiling correctly.

Bit concerned about fine sawdust getting past the air filter, the inside of the carb elbow is quite gritty despite putting a decent bit of grease around the filter. An oem filter doesn't seem to fit any better so I'll try an oem elbow which will come from a parts saw I just bought. Also want to replace the clutch bearing soon, just doesn't feel quite right.

Going to do a bit more work with it tomorrow. Think I might adjust the carb a bit, and push the revs up to 12k rpm or so. Might put the 24" bar on too depending on progress.

Max revs are sitting just over 12k rpm, wound through another tank and a half of fuel today and still pleased. Discovered it wasn't the bearing which was noisy/rough but the clutch drum. Swapped it for the one off the 371 and all was nicer, so ordered a new drum and couple of bearings tonight.

20181118_134931.jpg

• Like 1

still not had a a chance yet for more cutting yet  , but did another wee mod too i fitted a  OEM wrap handle to my 372 x torq and as the Hutztl one was a bit off line with the vibe spring  had to lengthen  the hole a bit and space out a couple of washers  on the huztl one when assembling the saw  , so hmm oh well i,l fit on the OEM handle from the 372 and fitted real good , all lined up easy ? actually is a bit thicker and has better plastic on the handle