Huztl 372 kit build

Toad

I didn't think there was free shipping either. Paid £60 shipping for mine.

Did more fiddling, hope to have sorted the brake band issue by swapping the brake spring. Not convinced though.

The lever which attaches to the hand guard and applies/releases the brake started to break, the lozenge shaped block which presses on the brake mechanism started to snap and bend. I've reset it and used the mig welder and dremel to reweld it and tidy it back up again. Didn't get much further than that. Will test the brake band further tomorrow and then try running the saw. Guess I'll find out if the seal is ok or not then. It ran ok yesterday when I tried it, so fingers crossed...

3 hours ago, nicholiath said:

Thanks that takes me to the US site and I changed it to GB pounds but couldn't find any free shipping.

I subscribe to their e email and there's a link that takes me to the site. There is a drop down for different currencies and the 372 kit is currently about £91 in GBP. There is a box on there with free shipping ticked; but I have not tried adding one to my basket to verify it as I do not want to buy one.

But surely you can put as much stuff in your basket as you like, to check on free postage or postage costs, and even presumably proceed to "checkout" as long as one does not complete the purchase, all with zero side-effects.

Cos I do, cos living in N Ireland, ebay postage can be very(& needlessly) expensive.

So I have to test before purchasing.

mth

1 hour ago, difflock said:

But surely you can put as much stuff in your basket as you like, to check on free postage or postage costs, and even presumably proceed to "checkout" as long as one does not complete the purchase, all with zero side-effects.

I can do but then I keep getting more emails telling me that the item is still on offer or that the offer is ending soon, not exactly zero side effects and if they keep on long enough I will probably weaken. ;)

Are they really faking Ms180? If you are wanting one and have anything about you that you would swap the rings, bearings, and seals for genuine parts making the cost rise to about £90 so you may aswell buy a genuine one for twice that and you know its a quality  item with bar and chain and with warrenty.

• Like 1

Ran it up and tested it in some wood again today, oiler didn't seem to be that good, but after fiddling with it again seemed fine. Hopefully it'll settle now. The plug boot split, so I'll have to replace it at some point. Fitted the new tank once I was happy with it running. Reset the carb to 2700 rpm idle and 11000rpm wot, it had been sitting at 3700rpm idle due to me being an idiot and the idle adjustment screw being wound too far in. Idles and picks up well, no issues with the new tank, hopefully I'll be able to get on and use it properly soon. Would like to replace the flywheel still and recheck the bolts holding the crankcase together too. Think I'll put a few more tanks of fuel through it and then try it on the 24" bar.