Huztl 372 kit build

Toad

9 minutes ago, Toad said:

Pretty much rubbing any of my tips in a cheese grater beats it!

Hey, whatever floats your boat dude, I'm not one to judge.

I appreciate where you are coming from with viewing it as a learning process, I have very little experience with small engines (or big ones, come to that), so I definitely see the appeal of getting intimate with a kit build. A few months ago I bought a shitty 100 euro Florabest 50cc chainsaw from Lidl, I'm going to destroy it and put it back together a few times. I'm hoping that it'll help me learn a bit more about how saws in general are put together, and what I can do when they get fucked up.

At least with your Chinese kit, I assume they sent some instructions with it... I don't have that luxury!

21 minutes ago, peds said:

I appreciate where you are coming from with viewing it as a learning process, I have very little experience with small engines (or big ones, come to that), so I definitely see the appeal of getting intimate with a kit build. A few months ago I bought a shitty 100 euro Florabest 50cc chainsaw from Lidl, I'm going to destroy it and put it back together a few times. I'm hoping that it'll help me learn a bit more about how saws in general are put together, and what I can do when they get fucked up.

At least with your Chinese kit, I assume they sent some instructions with it... I don't have that luxury!

Nope, no instructions, but it is a copy of a husqvarna 372, there are the workshop manuals, parts lists online and a large number of videos on YouTube. They are worth watching just for a few pointers/ideas about how chainsaws work and are built anyway.

Good luck with the florabeast!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peds said:

Isn't a Florabest of Chinese origin ?

Bruce Teakle has done a detailed description of his experiences with the hutzl / farmertec kits, he has even run hutzls holzfforma bars and chains with the completed kits. He has shortened some bars and gives references to his findings. Some quite interesting reading.

bruceteakle.blogspot.com

• Like 1

Stripped the saw tonight to fit the clutch side oil seal, managed to bend the new seal by being a heavy handed fool so have ordered another. Also scratched the crankcase where the seal fits, luckily not badly. Said rude words. A lot. 

The crankshaft sleeve doesn't look right at all, so have ordered a genuine one. It's blued where the seal touched and on the inside which is strange. I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to do anything on it anyway. Still frustrating though.

20181019_182611.jpg

20181019_182604.jpg

Stripped the saw tonight to fit the clutch side oil seal, managed to bend the new seal by being a heavy handed fool so have ordered another. Also scratched the crankcase where the seal fits, luckily not badly. Said rude words. A lot. 

The crankshaft sleeve doesn't look right at all, so have ordered a genuine one. It's blued where the seal touched and on the inside which is strange. I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to do anything on it anyway. Still frustrating though.
20181019_182611.thumb.jpg.1665e36167accd81c3ca8d8592a71241.jpg
20181019_182604.thumb.jpg.e2cb05c19cc143a34b0c857f38b0c085.jpg

Them fingers and fumbs look like they’re part of a ham-fisted hand [emoji39]