Panther Intersect now completed - yes it is a game changer!

Rob D

Has taken umpteen hours and a lot of work to complete this mill but it will be ground breaking. Crazy ease of use and accuracy - nothing else like it on the market.

This is all brand new but this saw will be able to be used for more than just sawing logs.

Designed for 50cc to 70cc saws it seems a little fiddly to set up to start with but once in use you should hopefully see the advantages. 90cc saws will be very quick cutting - and due to how the bar bolts to the upright it could be possible to use a 30" stiff bar such as a Sugi on this to give a massive 25" cutting width.

50cc will be 20" bar max for 15" cutting width 60-70cc can use a 25" bar to get 20" cutting width.

You can also use this just as a vertical cutting mill on big logs. Likely you could even mill oversize logs with a smaller chainsaw as well as there is no need for the tip of the bar to clear the log. That in itself is groundbreaking.

A long and to be fair boring video which is more for those who actually buy the set up. We'll have these at an intro price at the APF along with other bargains to be found at FR Jones stand [yep I forgot to post this before the APF doh!]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. Saw it at the show but couldn't quite get my head around how it worked. Looks surprisingly quick cutting so I guess friction is a big hinderance when using an alaskan and the nylon wheels on a carriage clearly slide very nicely. When you cut right through I presume a fair few wedges are needed to to avoid the bar being pinched? 

( video weren't boring -worth understanding how it functions to think abt how you can produce slotted logs or beams with lap joints. As a timber structure restoration tool - this is way better than a band mill. The accuracy alone could save you hundreds of pounds against wasted wood, K ) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That’s an excellent piece of kit Rob[emoji106]
I watched the demo vid last week, I seem to remember you mentioning that it can be used to replank thicker boards or true up / plane seasoned boards. If this is possible, how exactly can this be done?
I can’t see how the end brackets would attach to a thin board, unless you clamp the board somehow to another log your milling??