Planting hedges?

benedmonds

10 minutes ago, woody paul said:

How many to the metre?

If 4 to metre 2 good planters no guards 1 day.

I’d say that would be achievable but at that rate you’d be needing to keep a steady 2 plus plants a minute all day which is fine but I always find with planting that dealing with the plants, organising a sequence (if not random and making sure the hedge is going in straight etc all takes up a bit of time too.

we planted a new woodland back in the winter. 700 120cm plants with guards and stake took 2 of us just over 2 days.

When I was younger ( I know when I was) planted miles of hedging for a local estate 2 planting and 6 guarding with tubes and stacks they could not keep up guarding as time consuming part of job.

On that planting I was planting 900 to 1300 aday which was planting on field banks and across middle of fields.

Edited by woody paul

It all depends on the people planting...if you've got two workaholics who are going mad thats different to two guys working hard steadily throughout the day and for the sake of completeness it's different again to two lazy people...stating the obvious I know, but it all depends on the people