Climber <£170 Leicestershire - must pass criteria!

beddowtreeltd

4 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Obviously you're not committed if you don't come to work with properly secured boots and need to re-tie them, when you could be running back to the tree from the chipper. :lol:

Funny thing is no matter how I tie my boots on a cold morning they always need re tying after a while working.

17 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Excuses are like ar******s, everyone's got one :lol:  

Jokes aside, I had some boots like that, changed the laces and it largely resolved the problem. 

Yes it's the Meindle woodwalkers that come undone, the cheap aldi workboots are no problem.

Edited by openspaceman

12 hours ago, beddowtreeltd said:

Hi Mark thanks for your comments, you are more than welcome to join us for a day,

Can't really see what you're on about, the categories are tongue in cheek but we all know the skives.  Work environment should be positive, it is about the team pulling together to achieve a goal.  When all parties pull together:  work becomes easy, everybody enjoys being part of it, targets are achieved, the business makes money, everyone earns more, more training budget, frees up time to spend developing less skilled staff and we still enjoy the fantastic job we all love.  Rushing during tree work is not an option and you maybe noted that none of the categories push the pace.  Most of the tree surgeons I have known who rushed are dead or damaged and that is not my intention.  Remember when you started Gary, what were your views of climbers that didn't drag at all?  

The post is to attract persons with a similar mindset as I am tired of watching potentially good lads being manipulated and dragged down by others around them who more often have greater experience.  The post is for someone with a similar work ethic that wants to work shoulder to shoulder in an environment that fits their beliefs.

If you put half the information you put in this post in the original one it would paint a much more positive image for potential staff IMO.

I also agree with everything you said, I assume everyone does, I just thought it was an odd tone for a job advert, but then again I'm way to positive most of the time!

Good luck finding your miracle, unfortunately West Wales to Leicester is too much of a commute :)

• Like 1

Hi indeed Mark, but sadly wouldn't of generated so many hits!  The reason for the tone was to stimulate some interest otherwise the job adverts just sit there without any real impact.  It has been successful in that respect!  

Also I use Meindl woodwalkers, but never found a problem with the laces, coming undone!  I use a half hitch followed by a single bow, if that helps anyone with that problem!  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 29/09/2018 at 06:45, Mark Wileman said:

I'll be honest, your advert paints a very negative picture of your work environment. I'd be scared to stand still to tie my laces, in case you put me into one of your categories ?

I know of beddows tree surgery as I have known lads who have worked for them and as far as I know they are a well organised set up with all the up to date equipment.obviously can’t say or comment on in house rules and how great staff but have always only ever herd good things.i know if I was a young climber who is looking to Improve his or her work skills and earn a decent day rate I wouldn’t hesitate to take the job.

hope you find your ideal candidate.

• Like 1