Climber <£170 Leicestershire - must pass criteria!

beddowtreeltd

Hi looking for a climber 5 days a week self employed ideally, with option of Paye if required.

From support climber to fully experienced.  £110-170 per day depending on experience.

Please note we are looking for someone who is prepared to work as part of a team, if you like to work with people who get on with the job then you will fit in. 

If you ever think the following then you won't fit in: 

"I've done my bit I'll sit in the truck and watch everyone else work"

"if I make a career move over this last branch then I won't have to drag a branch"

"Ooh Great! No ones on the blower yet"

"there's 30mins to finish the tree, but I'll come down now for a break"

"branches can be dropped at any angle, its not my job to move them"

"I think this will work"

"I know everything"

"the jobs so hard"

"I can't get my head round the fact I work for a business and it needs to make money, surely I should get all of it"

"its not my fault; its the pixies, its the shed - it moved, the branch was an impossible shape to tie to a rope, it should never of bounced like that, the 50th branch I removed was surprisingly heavy compared to the previous 49, It was a miracle!"

"Rather than crack on and wrap the job up I'm going to whinge and whine and make everyone else carry me and then late!"

Must have tickets etc!  Driving license too.  All year round work, domestic so no avenues of street trees but some very large technical takedowns.  We have a mewp in house, so ipaf would be handy.

We would also be interested in a climber 1 day a week that would be prepared to aid in development of other staff.  This may be a suitable slot for an NPTC trainer.  Long or short term would be considered.  Rates negotiable and days could be adhoc if we have enough notice.  Ideally we would like the full time appointment to cover this but on the grounds its unlikely please get in touch.

If interested please email [email protected]

Obviously I realise I am also asking for a miracle, but I have to keep the faith...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Wileman said:

I'll be honest, your advert paints a very negative picture of your work environment. I'd be scared to stand still to tie my laces, in case you put me into one of your categories ?

Obviously you're not committed if you don't come to work with properly secured boots and need to re-tie them, when you could be running back to the tree from the chipper. :lol:

Hi Mark thanks for your comments, you are more than welcome to join us for a day,

Can't really see what you're on about, the categories are tongue in cheek but we all know the skives.  Work environment should be positive, it is about the team pulling together to achieve a goal.  When all parties pull together:  work becomes easy, everybody enjoys being part of it, targets are achieved, the business makes money, everyone earns more, more training budget, frees up time to spend developing less skilled staff and we still enjoy the fantastic job we all love.  Rushing during tree work is not an option and you maybe noted that none of the categories push the pace.  Most of the tree surgeons I have known who rushed are dead or damaged and that is not my intention.  Remember when you started Gary, what were your views of climbers that didn't drag at all?  

The post is to attract persons with a similar mindset as I am tired of watching potentially good lads being manipulated and dragged down by others around them who more often have greater experience.  The post is for someone with a similar work ethic that wants to work shoulder to shoulder in an environment that fits their beliefs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, beddowtreeltd said:

Remember when you started Gary, what were your views of climbers that didn't drag at all

Never came across it really. Good groundsman and climbers who respected them and would go out of the way to make their life as easy as possible. 

Personally, I never wanted to get down to start dragging branches, unless the site dictated that brash couldn't be cleared as stuff came down. Otherwise, if there was a load to shift, something had gone wrong in planning the numbers of lads on the floor. But, surely the attitude is to do what needs doing, finding something to do if your underworked and stood around and working efficiently - it's not rocket science.

• Like 1