Knowing what you know now... what would be your first saw?

peds

Only considering the headline  ?

I would recommend a Husqvarna 372 xp, with a solid tsumura or sugihare 20" bar.  You'll be thrilled and all youre work mates envious as hell. 

The 372 xp is still available in at least one Swedish webshop, that happyli ships global.

https://www.gplshop.co.uk/husqvarna-chainsaws/husqvarna-372-xp-g-x-torq.php

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Everything Spud ported 346xp, 357xp and for the small work 201 rear handle. Oh and off the ground 2511.

Most of my saws are Spudderized but when I started out  Steve  was not in that game .  ?

I would have used to say my 357xp, but after 4 years of owning a 550xp I would now say this. Lovely and light, very responsive and for doing hedgelaying and fencing- felling small stuff it’s just perfect. These days I’m becoming a bit of an advocate for battery saws though! 357xp just feels like a lump now when I pick it up!

• Like 1