Whats the most efficient system to cut and split rings?

Woodworks

1 hour ago, arboriculturist said:

More like 14 metres if he fills them to that level ! Some great photos there in the sunshine ?

Yes I allowed for that in saying the quantities. Reckoned there was another half crate in the mounds.

Edited by Woodworks

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

Nicely stacked discs but when you said splitting rings i thought they would be bigger 

Yes I call anything I slice up as it's too big for the processor a ring. The stuff in the pictures goes from around 14" to 24" but nothing massive in this load. When I started this thread I had it in my mind the wood was bigger and heavier than it is. It's quite dry so manual handling it all has not been a problem.

The bloke who imports the growi x-power hires the demo machine out at £350 per day including 2 men excluding transport. Takes up 1m rings and can easily do 50m3 per day. He reckoned 80m3 was doable if it was all over 500mm Would clear your 2 wagon loads in the 2 days maximum.

It’s about 40k to buy as the base model.

That's would be ideal for me! The UK website doesn't seem to work though. Would definitely be interested in hiring him for a few days! Anyone got his number?

• 2 weeks later...

I do know fuelwood have a hire machine which has its own petrol power pack, it’s a splitta 400 and would really make short work of the arb waste rings, think it has outfeed conveyor too, you would need a good few people to keep it fed but if you get it organised you could do between 30 and 100 cube in a day, 100 would be big timber and running constantly, obviously the real world you have to swap bags, but if you wanted a big pile and have big timber ready prepped and depending on stoppages and timber size it’s possible, but you will need fit lads to keep it fed, i don’t know what they charge but i do know it will make great logs, give pete a call at fuelwood, iam going to try and get down to the open day this sat 13 october they should have the fuel factory running, hope this helps, keep on chopping [emoji106]

• Like 2