Question Time

westphalian

1 hour ago, westphalian said:

That is utter bollocks. Nobody voted for this shit and you know it! Democracy isn’t one vote and that’s it. Things change that’s why there is an election every 4 years FFS

Utter bollocks!? We got a vote, we voted, we voted to leave the EU.. Is it bollocks because it doesn't suit you and yours?

As I said earlier, I've voted since I've been old enough, (farther drilled it into me, I think he was a Tory). Have you-honestly done the same?

There was an occasion when I couldn't vote mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, westphalian said:

Yep, voted EVERY election, Tory early 80s, (dad told me) Labour every other bar the last one LibDem, although voting frequency has got feck all do do with my point. Did the populace vote for this turd in a bath?

Yes, the majority of the populace that bothered to vote did vote to leave the EU.. Which bit do you not understand?

Edited by eggsarascal

13 hours ago, westphalian said:

That is utter bollocks. Nobody voted for this shit and you know it! Democracy isn’t one vote and that’s it. Things change that’s why there is an election every 4 years FFS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after a general election, doesn't the wishes of the majority actually happen? We don't ponce about for years, ohming and ahhing, debating that the voters were misinformed and we should have another election until the politicians get the result that that want.

Things might change  after the wishes of the voters are carried out, then, and only then, can a truly democratic country vote again.

• Like 2

you are right and wrong, the party that the majority voted for gets in (unless it is hung) but the policies they promised change in accordance with changing fiscal and political priorities. if they break too many promises, the INFORMED electorate will remember and clobber them at the next election. A fair amount of the uniformed will just vote what ever their daily paper says.

eg Kinnock had it in the bag til the Sun said "last one to leave the country turn off the lights"

and the libdems promise of student fees fecked them over.

who here feels we will be better off financially in the first 10 years after Brexit?

some, esp those with their own Hedge Fund of 100 million, might think independence is worth the price. to be honest, i would probably think the same, mine is purely an economic argument.

now not even Eggs or Rod Liddle, both extreme contrarians, can argue with that!!!