Velo South . GRRRRR !

Stubby

That’s “pumping” it up rather Ti, I wouldn’t want to be “saddled” with that sort of label (even if it is quite accurate!)

I guess you’re right to be concerned though, there could be issues of vicarious “lycra”-bility..... [emoji23]

Your a bad influence on Stubby Mr J, “peddling” ideas like that to him, you know he can’t S‘tandem’ lycra types.
Hopefully he’s ‘spoke’ to the council and got it cancelled. [emoji51]

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Time for farmers to do all there  hedge cutting the day before

hedge_cuttng%2005.png

?

Where did you find that?  It's AWESOME and stands very well with the debate I initiated at a Parish council meeting recently.  

My presentation was that, just in time for the late Summer / early Autumn flash downpours (combined with poor land management and soil erosion as a consequence of intensive and irresponsible agricultural practices) , we will expect, the same as every year, to see the LA and agricultural contractors out on the roads flailing and casting all their shite all over the carriageway to cause a hazard and block the surface water drains leading to flooding and the associated road hazards.

Having been down this exact path with the highways department last year - and found them desperately lacking in intelligence and responsibility - I thought I'd pass it in via the County councillor this year.  He was no better, worse in many respects.  At least highways came back with a (at face value) reasoned response something along the lines of "..we risk assess that the potential harm from debris on rural roads and the potential to block surface drains is acceptable..."  Although that kind of fell apart when I highlighted that the specific section of road I was using as an example was in flood risk zone 3 and that frequent road flooding occurred and that serious RTAs had also occurred as a result of the flooding.  That kind of blew a hole into the "...we risk assess..." argument especially as the Jonny I was in contact with admitted that their so-called risk assessment did not take account of flood risk mapping.

Anyway, the County councillor's response was priceless - "...I've had a look at my neighbours hedges and decided it would be unreasonable for him to have to clear up all the mess he made after flail cutting..."

So that's it as far as I'm concerned, cut a hedge by the road side, fell a tree by the road side, construction sites that track mud or debris onto the highway....  Don't worry about it, just leave it all where it lays.  If its OK for the farmers it must be OK for everyone else no?

But, as far a Parish / District councils talking utter BS, that part I have to whole heartedly agree!

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

IMG_5457.JPG

4 hours ago, Yournamehere said:

I don't like to piss on other people's fire-works; it being their big day and ev'tin.

So I'll just leave this here.

1. http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/comment-page-8/

Rule #9//

If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

24 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Where did you find that?  It's AWESOME and stands very well with the debate I initiated at a Parish council meeting recently.  

My presentation was that, just in time for the late Summer / early Autumn flash downpours (combined with poor land management and soil erosion as a consequence of intensive and irresponsible agricultural practices) , we will expect, the same as every year, to see the LA and agricultural contractors out on the roads flailing and casting all their shite all over the carriageway to cause a hazard and block the surface water drains leading to flooding and the associated road hazards.

Having been down this exact path with the highways department last year - and found them desperately lacking in intelligence and responsibility - I thought I'd pass it in via the County councillor this year.  He was no better, worse in many respects.  At least highways came back with a (at face value) reasoned response something along the lines of "..we risk assess that the potential harm from debris on rural roads and the potential to block surface drains is acceptable..."  Although that kind of fell apart when I highlighted that the specific section of road I was using as an example was in flood risk zone 3 and that frequent road flooding occurred and that serious RTAs had also occurred as a result of the flooding.  That kind of blew a hole into the "...we risk assess..." argument especially as the Jonny I was in contact with admitted that their so-called risk assessment did not take account of flood risk mapping.

Anyway, the County councillor's response was priceless - "...I've had a look at my neighbours hedges and decided it would be unreasonable for him to have to clear up all the mess he made after flail cutting..."

So that's it as far as I'm concerned, cut a hedge by the road side, fell a tree by the road side, construction sites that track mud or debris onto the highway....  Don't worry about it, just leave it all where it lays.  If its OK for the farmers it must be OK for everyone else no?

But, as far a Parish / District councils talking utter BS, that part I have to whole heartedly agree!

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

IMG_5457.JPG

Buy a gully sucker, jetter combi unit and put a price into Cormac to do it. Problem solved and you make a few quid...

44 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A very long time ago in Germany I think (because 50 years later memory plays tricks) I saw a flail hedgecutter  with a long flexible pipe blowing the cuttings into a trailer, I thought it was a good thing at the time but never seen anything like it since.

• Like 1

A very long time ago in Germany I think (because 50 years later memory plays tricks) I saw a flail hedgecutter  with a long flexible pipe blowing the cuttings into a trailer, I thought it was a good thing at the time but never seen anything like it since.

Seen a similar set up to that fitted to mogs, and tractor trailers working the motorway verges of Belgium and Holland. We seem to be decades behind over here. Perhaps, that’s where some of our EU contributions have gone.....,