Teaching urself about Hydraulics, books or websites

drinksloe

Alright

Not sur eif this should be here or in the maintence section??

Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent websites or even books so i can learn a bit more about hydraulics.

Wot i'm aiming to do in the future is most likely attmpt to power some implements with a donkey engine and hydraulic pump, that are ideally hydraulic or in a couple of instances more often powered by PTO's. Had a looka bout and does seem to be a shortage of wot i'd like or seems very expensive might be quite a nice hobby to invent something that i can actually use.

Just wondering wot is achievable and how u work out the numbers to achieve flow rates, capacitys, pressure and even sort of converting tat into the sort of Hp a tractor PTO would give u. Or how u even decide the flow rates/pressure u need, easy enough when working with a straight hydraulic designed implement but if converting a PTO driven.

Also is there any decent sites, shops, companies that have a decent website that u can browse throu different pumps and motors getting specs etc??

To try asnd get my head round prices and wot can be achieved with different sized donkey engines/pumps.

1 thing that i'd like to do and don't even now wot u'd call it to look it up is create a sort off  'land drive' (was the old fashioned name) trailer for a quad bike so be of a hydralic power pack, dunno if called cage/roller driven, hydrostatc etc and how u can work speeds

just for a few hobby projects for myself so not looking for professional jobs,

Cheers

2 hours ago, drinksloe said:

Alright

Not sur eif this should be here or in the maintence section??

Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent websites or even books so i can learn a bit more about hydraulics.

Wot i'm aiming to do in the future is most likely attmpt to power some implements with a donkey engine and hydraulic pump, that are ideally hydraulic or in a couple of instances more often powered by PTO's. Had a looka bout and does seem to be a shortage of wot i'd like or seems very expensive might be quite a nice hobby to invent something that i can actually use.

Just wondering wot is achievable and how u work out the numbers to achieve flow rates, capacitys, pressure and even sort of converting tat into the sort of Hp a tractor PTO would give u. Or how u even decide the flow rates/pressure u need, easy enough when working with a straight hydraulic designed implement but if converting a PTO driven.

Also is there any decent sites, shops, companies that have a decent website that u can browse throu different pumps and motors getting specs etc??

To try asnd get my head round prices and wot can be achieved with different sized donkey engines/pumps.

1 thing that i'd like to do and don't even now wot u'd call it to look it up is create a sort off  'land drive' (was the old fashioned name) trailer for a quad bike so be of a hydralic power pack, dunno if called cage/roller driven, hydrostatc etc and how u can work speeds

just for a few hobby projects for myself so not looking for professional jobs,

Cheers

stuart best place for pumps pipe fittings etc is whitehouse products at port glasgow on the clyde so not that far for you, they will send you a catalouge thats like a phone book with pictures of components (in colour) and they offer a fantastic delivery service order before 3pm here for 9am next day hope this helps,

• 4 weeks later...