You are God for a Day

donnk

10 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I have never understood the argument that humans are destroying the planet. Compared to what? Bacteria, viruses, volcanoes, meteorites, we are way down on the destruction scale people, get a grip.

Whats not to get? 

There an estimated 8.7 million species on the planet but just one is causing these and the list could go on and on and on.

https://xkcd.com/1732/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/29/earth-lost-50-wildlife-in-40-years-wwf

images.jpg

images-1.jpg

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

If I was God for a day, I doubt I would do anything, as I would not exist.

In that case what I would do has already happened if your wish came true.....Me....I would erase religion from the world.

Edited by Sawchip
  • Haha 1

I would like to say cure disease etc but in reality I think we need to help ourselves for the most part - if we worked together even a lot of natural disasters could be avoided so I would sit back and just say if you do good there's a place for you in the end. 

Then I'd sneak up on an atheist and scare them. :)

If I had the perceived powers of God for the day, I would firstly answer the prayers of everyone that prayed to god that day for help. Most of the world's problems would then be sorted that day, but it would then bring into question why god himself didn't bother his arse to sort them out in a single day? Is he just lazy, or maybe he doesn't actually exist?

I'd end the day with a massive Euro Lottery win as we shut the door on Europe with a solid pro UK Brexit.

SG

44 minutes ago, gdh said:

I would like to say cure disease etc but in reality I think we need to help ourselves for the most part - if we worked together even a lot of natural disasters could be avoided so I would sit back and just say if you do good there's a place for you in the end. 

Then I'd sneak up on an atheist and scare them. :)

Curing disease is going to benefit no one unfortunately

22 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Whats not to get? 

There an estimated 8.7 million species on the planet but just one is causing these and the list could go on and on and on.

https://xkcd.com/1732/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/29/earth-lost-50-wildlife-in-40-years-wwf

images.jpg

images-1.jpg

Yes I understand that but it's not likely to destroy the planet compared to other natural disasters. 

It just makes me laugh when I read that mankind should be wiped out to help save the planet. They never start with themselves now do they.:P