You are God for a Day

donnk

37 minutes ago, donnk said:

No consequences, your rules.

I'll start off, benefits only paid 10 months a year. The other 2 months they goto 40% taxpayers.

Why? I mean, just, why would you do that? Do you think that life isn't hard enough already? Does it give you some warped satisfaction to think that instead of doing nothing and causing no harm you could go out of your way to do something and make the already miserable lives of thousands of people even more miserable. Oh forgive me, you're a god now, yes I suppose you would do that: that is what gods do.

But still as to yourself, again Why would you do that if you were a god for a day rather than all the things you could do to make peoples lives better? How about creating a fairer world for everybody? Huh? Do you think that if you suck up to the 40% tax-payers they'll smile, and pat you on the head and let you into their club? Or are you already in their club? The Daily Mail and their like has got you so sewn up into the mindset of just not being able to afford the mercedes and having to settle for the audi and it's all the fault of all those poor people, so make sure you punish them and then you'll be one of us, that you've stopped worrying about all the abuses and robbed pension funds and savings schemes and million pound salaries and payoffs that they get away with and which you are powerless to do anything about but look, here's something you can do, blame the poor! That will make you feel better won't it? Don't feel quite so powerless now huh? How about when you are god for a day you redistribute a bit of wealth? The rich won't even notice - they'll just put it down to a market fluctuation - but even £40 extra would make so much difference to so many people - even if means that just for one day they don't have to suffer the humiliation of going to the food-bank. The amount of money the ultra elite have at their command is truly mind-boggling a tax arrangement that would see them improving the life of thousands - millions - of people would not even be noticed by them, they would still be able to buy boats and planes and jewels for the fun of it but you will never be one of them however much you try to put as many of your fellow men below you. They will still offer you a biscuit and as you take it whisper, " you want to watch him" (pointing to the poor, the immigrants, the not-us) "he tried to nick your biscuit" - as they keep the rest of the packet to themselves. All the time you are putting yourself first and treading on the faces of those coming up the ladder behind you, you will struggle you will be on you own but if you reach back and give a hand up to those behind you will create such a swell that you will all be carried along on the surge towards better things. Just stop being so selfish; stop thinking you are so much above so many other people and stop causing harm when you could help. Does it really burn you up to think that someone is getting something that you're not? Even if it's the bare minimum to make a difference between being and not being cold wet miserable and hungry? If you were god for a day - nay, a second - how about you instill in everyone's mind that their own life will be better if they help other people? How about starting by, when driving, letting people pull out from a junction rather than taking every last inch? How about extending that to every aspect of your life? Help or do nothing but only a dick-head of a god would go out of their way to make some-one's life worse when they could just as easily make that life better.

• Like 8

I would come down to Earth in human form, experience for myself some of the pain and horror that humans do to each other, then I would pay the price for their wrongdoing so that they could get to know me as I really am, and then I would make myself known to them..... BUT only if they wanted to.. you know, I’d leave the choice up to them.

• Like 1