Jump to content
openspaceman

choosing a replacement wood burner

Recommended Posts

On 16/09/2018 at 10:32, openspaceman said:

What recommendations for a eco design stove, 5kW(t), to fit in a alcove width  60cms, height  90cms and depth 40cms to front of chimney breast but  projecting into room 20-40cms is not a problem.

 

It's to replace a Jotul 602 , clean burning is the first requirement and cost a lesser consideration. It will exhaust into 8" flue so either a 150mm or 125mm flue outlet.

At 5kw nominal then the Morso 04 would work well,  the 4kw rated S11 series would also be fine having a max output of around 6.5kw.   The former will give you 100mm at the sides,  the latter 150mm which is preferred for better air flow.  With the exception of two models all Morso stoves exceed the proposed Eco design requirements.

 

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Alycidon said:

At 5kw nominal then the Morso 04 would work well,  the 4kw rated S11 series would also be fine having a max output of around 6.5kw.   The former will give you 100mm at the sides,  the latter 150mm which is preferred for better air flow.  With the exception of two models all Morso stoves exceed the proposed Eco design requirements.

 

A

Thanks for that, I wondered where you had got to,  I wasn't aware of the smaller one which will be more than adequate.

 

Finding a  Morso dealers near me that do indoor stuff is a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Thanks for that, I wondered where you had got to,  I wasn't aware of the smaller one which will be more than adequate.

 

Finding a  Morso dealers near me that do indoor stuff is a problem

Any Hetas registered installer can undertake the install,  but take up references as its not hard to get a Hetas ticket.   You could do it yourself but it would then need to be signed off as safe to use by a building inspector. 

 

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Any Hetas registered installer can undertake the install,  but take up references as its not hard to get a Hetas ticket.   You could do it yourself but it would then need to be signed off as safe to use by a building inspector. 

 

A

Muy bien but I didn't mean that,  I meant the stockist 12 miles away I won't deal with and the one 40 miles away only does outdoor stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Muy bien but I didn't mean that,  I meant the stockist 12 miles away I won't deal with and the one 40 miles away only does outdoor stuff.

Go here;

 

https://www.hetas.co.uk/find-installer/

 

Put your postcode in,  you want a dry stove install.   That will throw up all the Heats registered installers but these are not graded from crap upwards, so it a matter of sorting wheat from the chaff.   PM me if you want a chat.

 

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Go here;

 

https://www.hetas.co.uk/find-installer/

 

Put your postcode in,  you want a dry stove install.   That will throw up all the Heats registered installers but these are not graded from crap upwards, so it a matter of sorting wheat from the chaff.   PM me if you want a chat.

 

A

7 hours ago, openspaceman said:

My old boss is an installer so that's not a problem, thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.