Looking for work Australia

ed_carrigan

Hi there, my name is Ed Carrigan and I'm a 26 year old arborist from England currently residing in British Colombia, Canada. I'm looking to move to Australia for a year with my girlfriend, and I'm looking for work with a professional company with high standards of work and safety. 

I've been working as a climber in the tree industry for 6 years, 3.5 years in the UK and the past 2.5 in British Coloumbia, Canada. I currently hold the position of crew leader/foreman at the company I work for in Whistler B.C but have worked in a variety of different roles within the industry. 

I am competent in all aspects of tree work from small formative prunes to large scale removals and reductions. I also have experience working with a variety of different machinery from EWP, stumpgrinders, skid steers and so on. 

I hold all the relevant nptc tickets for felling and climbing alongside being a RFS (royal forestry society) certified arborist.

Interested to hear what work is available and can send resume and reference from current employer upon request.

Cheers for looking, Ed.

Where in Oz do you fancy Ed?

Its’s a canny big place!

There’s a lad used to get on here wanting staff in WA, but that was power lines I think.

With your credentials I wouldn’t think you’d struggle to find work pretty easily wherever you go.

Don’t go to Airlie Beach though.

You’ll spend more than you earn.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ed

There are a few Facebook groups that advertise vacant positions and you could post for employment wanted. The best thing would be to look into the working holiday visa and apply first, this allows you to work for 12 months. If you do 3 month of work in that time in certain rural areas you can qualify to extend your visa for another 12 months, this is a government incentive to attract workers to places most Australians don't want to work. I would recommend aiming for the 24 months stay as entry to Australia is getting tighter and that amount of time would allow you to see a lot more and also meet various companies for potential sponshorship and Temporary Skills Shortage Visa application if you decide you would like stay longer. I am sure you will find a job if you come with a basic climbing kit skills and a positive attitude. I could recommend some companies to contact in SA, Victoria and NSW remember it is cooler during our winter in the Southern parts of the country, better to aim North if you want to escape the British climate and sweat it out all year round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BunyipBen said:

Hi Ed

There are a few Facebook groups that advertise vacant positions and you could post for employment wanted. The best thing would be to look into the working holiday visa and apply first, this allows you to work for 12 months. If you do 3 month of work in that time in certain rural areas you can qualify to extend your visa for another 12 months, this is a government incentive to attract workers to places most Australians don't want to work. I would recommend aiming for the 24 months stay as entry to Australia is getting tighter and that amount of time would allow you to see a lot more and also meet various companies for potential sponshorship and Temporary Skills Shortage Visa application if you decide you would like stay longer. I am sure you will find a job if you come with a basic climbing kit skills and a positive attitude. I could recommend some companies to contact in SA, Victoria and NSW remember it is cooler during our winter in the Southern parts of the country, better to aim North if you want to escape the British climate and sweat it out all year round.

stay south currently its 40 plus degrees  here

• 4 weeks later...