Liquid gasket type stuff

sandspider

You can make your own from a sheet of cork,thick cardboard works too. The cardboard needs to be  homogenous not the type most cardboard boxes are made from.

The hot oil will swell the cardboard between the head and the rocker cover.A film of loctight blue silicon on both the head and the rocker cover with the paper inbetween will help. 

Make sure both mating surfaces are shiny clean before mounting.

• Like 1

You really cant go wrong having a set of these about https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-HOLLOW-PUNCH-SET-TOOL-FOR-LEATHER-PAPER-PLASTIC-WOOD-BELT-HOLE-PUNCH-/181137490582

And for the correct gasket material this outfit  are best , for the few quid it costs its worth having a few sheets of various gasket paper.  https://www.ramgaskets.com/gasket-materials/

Bob

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aspenarb said:

You really cant go wrong having a set of these about https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-HOLLOW-PUNCH-SET-TOOL-FOR-LEATHER-PAPER-PLASTIC-WOOD-BELT-HOLE-PUNCH-/181137490582

And for the correct gasket material this outfit  are best , for the few quid it costs its worth having a few sheets of various gasket paper.  https://www.ramgaskets.com/gasket-materials/

Bob

I’ve always made gasket from the gasket paper and put over the item to seal (cover or plate etc) .... then used a small ball pein hammer pushed into bolt hole whilst turning back and forth to cut out the holes in gasket paper :D

• Like 2

I wouldnt worry eggs, your prob a little old fashioned like me and make do with whats available! [emoji6]
Using pre made punches makes it all too easy, doing what we do and finding a way round stuff (bodging [emoji6][emoji23]) makes it a whole lot more satisfying.... especially when it works!!!! [emoji6][emoji108][emoji106][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

I wouldnt worry eggs, your prob a little old fashioned like me and make do with whats available! emoji6.png
Using pre made punches makes it all too easy, doing what we do and finding a way round stuff (bodging emoji6.pngemoji23.png) makes it a whole lot more satisfying.... especially when it works!!!! emoji6.pngemoji108.pngemoji106.pngemoji23.png

Old fashioned, me, I'm down wiv the kids I'll have you know. Those punches, or some homemade ones are the way forward mind.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 21:09, Dan Maynard said:

I've used blue hylomar on the rocker cover of my spitfire for years, it's thick enough to fill a slight gap and definitely oil resistant.

You kept that quiet Dan.

Was that you doing barrel rolls over Biggin Hill earlier this year?

Nice one.

• Haha 1