Current timber prices for Ash

AndyChalmers

Whats the current prices please.  I have some seasoned and fresh felled processor friendly ash in 12ft lengths, I also have some very dry processor friendly spruce in 10ft lengths.  I was wondering what its worth if I sell any.  Just debating to keep or sell as I sell logs part time.  Im located in North Yorkshire, 5 miles from the A1 nr Boroughbridge, good roadside access.  

On 13/09/2018 at 14:31, SbTVF said:

Give the log shed near York a ring and ask to speak to David Sowray. He’ll buy it off you I’d think.

£50 a ton roadside for fresh ash up here in Teesside at the moment though. Probably get closer to £60 as it’s processor friendly.

I spoke to David last year, nice guy however a bit cheeky with his prices, offer £22 ton for seasoned softwood & £35 ton for the seasoned ash.  Was'nt worth selling for that.  He's only 2 miles down the road too.

I spoke to David last year, nice guy however a bit cheeky with his prices, offer £22 ton for seasoned softwood & £35 ton for the seasoned ash.  Was'nt worth selling for that.  He's only 2 miles down the road too.

Just don’t start a conversation about Brexit with him!!

Oh right well he may be different this year, he said he was short on what he wanted to have when I last spoke to him so he may be more generous. Depends on the specs. If it was just arb-lumps then fair enough, as it’s not worth the hassle but anything 6-16” and in good lengths is worth £50-60 roadside all day long.

I dont currently have any Ash I want to sell however may change my plan and cut some down as the interest seems to be there.
Not many people have posted current prices tho.
I have just sold a artic load of well seasoned spruce for £44 ton roadside, is this good or bad?

Not a bad price considering it’s £40 roadside fresh felled when we’ve been buying it!

7 hours ago, SbTVF said:

Just don’t start a conversation about Brexit with him!!

Oh right well he may be different this year, he said he was short on what he wanted to have when I last spoke to him so he may be more generous. Depends on the specs. If it was just arb-lumps then fair enough, as it’s not worth the hassle but anything 6-16” and in good lengths is worth £50-60 roadside all day long.

" Just don't start a conversation about Brexit with him."

That made me laugh, I know David quite well and admire his ability in debating.