It blew a big hole in the road

eggsarascal

5 o'clock this morning I heard the police outside, so I legged it...

Went out for a nosey and found this. Anglian Water won't shut the supply off because it would take out too many properties, they've tried zoning it off, with no success. So, three blokes, TM, and a DT have been here since 7.30 trying to over pump a 5" main with a 2" pump. I can't understand why that isn't working! I suppose I'll just keep taking out the brews, and leave them to it.

IMG_2449.JPG

• Sad 1

We just had a main blow out a section of road in clitheroe lancs, shut half the town off (not kidding) left a 10ft round hole in road, closed two schools for day, shed loads of houses and hospital affected [emoji15][emoji15]
Eggs, get some info off em regards water pressures, woody paul got a water pipe issue thats on going still.... [emoji6][emoji51]

4 hours ago, Ratman said:

We just had a main blow out a section of road in clitheroe lancs, shut half the town off (not kidding) left a 10ft round hole in road, closed two schools for day, shed loads of houses and hospital affected emoji15.pngemoji15.png
Eggs, get some info off em regards water pressures, woody paul got a water pipe issue thats on going still.... emoji6.pngemoji51.png

Hi was this today ? and where abouts in the town was it ? just that my sisters fella has just finished services and ground works on the old hospital site,, if its round there its just some thing i can take the piss out of him with,

Was on pimlico road, next road down from hospital, cut a lot of town off and houses heading out towards A59, chatburn, affected us on site at castle cement. Holes filled in now and main repaired, was monday morning, i drove through flood on the road on my way to work at 4:45am so must of happened sunday during night i rekon.

5 hours ago, Ratman said:

Was on pimlico road, next road down from hospital, cut a lot of town off and houses heading out towards A59, chatburn, affected us on site at castle cement. Holes filled in now and main repaired, was monday morning, i drove through flood on the road on my way to work at 4:45am so must of happened sunday during night i rekon.

its not close enough to where they where tapping in to the mains water, sewer and elec on chatburn  road outside old hospital about 3-4 weeks ago, just that they had a lot of problems with water main,

• Like 1

its not close enough to where they where tapping in to the mains water, sewer and elec on chatburn  road outside old hospital about 3-4 weeks ago, just that they had a lot of problems with water main,

Building shed loads of new houses round us at min, wouldn’t surprise me if we had more problems round and about yet still to come.