Help identifying 2 trees from seeds

Sofv

Hello,

I was recently out walking and found these two different things under trees  and I would love to know what kind of trees they are. They were found in a park in Leicestershire. I'm afraid I don't have pictures of the trees because I took these pictures when I got home and don't live near the park.

The first has sort of seed-shaped leaf shells with small black seeds inside.

The second is like a small branch with small jagged-shaped things that look like little seed cases.

I've attached pictures. Apologies if these are really obvious trees but I'm new to this and I would really appreciate the help from those who know more!

Thanks so much
Sofie

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

Those are great and come from a Koelreuteria paniculata common name Golden Rain tree

Their flowers yellow/red-orange are equally as interesting.

Only ever seen one once at Dartington Hall in South Devon - I have some photos somewhere from my previous educational days out collecting leaves for the obligatory leaf collection album.  ?

Edited by arboriculturist

First one could be Koelreuteria paniculata which we would call Pride of India but is quite often called Golden rain tree in the US. 

The second one looks a bit like dried up elm seeds.

I could be very wrong though. 

Best to compare them against pictures online and also see if the leaves of the trees around where you picked them up match up to the trees you suspect.

Good luck.

Thankyou! I had been searching online and thought it looked like the Golden Rain tree but I thought that might be a little too exotic for the local park (!) and thought I must be too much of a newby. So glad to hear 2 others mention that as well!

• Like 1