Isuzu dmax towing capacity

markieg31

40 minutes ago, MW Tree Services said:

Tow my 2.8t takeuchi with buckets ontop of my ifor 14ft weighting 5,6,7, 800kg? She loves it, wouldn't want to be weighed...

Yeah you’ll be over the limit for sure. I have the same digger as you, I put it on a stripped down ifor 10x6 flatbed with buckets in pickup. ‘‘Twas borderline if I had mud in the tracks. Don’t forget quick hitch and all the other bits and pieces. Generally put it all on tractor and trailer now to save undue wear and tear on truck and I like just being able to chuck everything on the trailer and not worry about weight.

Tow my 2.8t takeuchi with buckets ontop of my ifor 14ft weighting 5,6,7, 800kg? She loves it, wouldn't want to be weighed...
Not saying the trucks cant tow it in the real world bit it is what happens when vosa are on the pull? I live rurally hardly see police let alone vosa but have noticed they have been opperating from a layby and putting each wheel on a set of scales to get the weight.

Lot of tippers, double cabs more so, are up to weight before they leave the yard.

Will stick to the mark 3 ranger and not worry about the 3.5 towing me thinks.

It seems mad now that most of the pickups tow 3500kg. When I had a D40 Navara, it was fairly awful for towing, regardless of weight. It's my opinion that the overhand is simply too long (ie, the distance from the rear axle to the tow bar). More often than not it means that unless the trailer is very well loaded, the trailer wiggles constantly. The tail wagging the dog and all that. 

Since moving over to vans a few years ago I'm completely converted. Stiffer rear suspension, shorter overhang and a longer wheel base all combine to provide a much more stable and comfortable towing experience. The Citroen Relay I had previously was superb for on road towing and even the 4x4 Sprinter I have now is very almost as good (despite having a longer overhang and higher suspension).

If you need a pickup, fair enough, but if you don't and you tow regularly, get a van. It's not even like to save much on fuel on pickups, as my vans have always done 32-35mpg unloaded, though I do drive quite slowly. The Sprinter does a solid 24mpg on a 6000kg train weight, which I think is superb.