Which mini tractor?

Saw-sick Steve

Got a fair bit of orchard and rough grass to maintain, previously used a ride on but its died and really used to struggle at times. Rather than replace it, thought I'd go for a 2nd hand mini tractor - what do peeps recommend? Kubota, Iseki, Yanmaar or Mitsubishi, and what sort of hp? Like the idea of being able to add implements as and when I can afford to, budget about 5k max.

Ta in advance.

Check out Branson tractors, korean made, have one a few years now and not a bad bit of kit, not quite a kubota but much more rugged and reliable than chinese built machines.. dealer backup is ok, here at least! Admittedly i have very few hours on it... still under 1k. I think they're good value for money.. not everyone will agree i guess!

Had a little kubota 4wd with a rotovator on the back. Paid £2000 for it, used it for 2 years, otherwise laid up and un serviced. Sold it for £2500 when I decided it should go to someone who would treat it a little better. It was bombproof, and I’d highly recommend one but size implements according to hp. Also they are physically tiny so check you can fit on one first!

7 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

just get a proper one dont bother with the chinese stuff kubota first choice yanmar second this works 8-12 hr days 4 or 5 days a week been stood out in woodlands for last 6 years and never ailes any thing only from abuse ,

20160117_085832.jpg

20180518_154238.jpg

That’s a nice set up btw.