Educate me

I know mate.

I’ve pretty much given up slagging off reductions anyway, you never know the back story.

I’ve also been guilty of some utter atrocities because I couldn’t talk any sense into the customer and I thought the money was better off coming my way than someone else’s.

Principles and a £5 note will get you a pint of Stella etc. etc.

• Like 5

Quite right

8 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve also been guilty of some utter atrocities because I couldn’t talk any sense into the customer and I thought the money was better off coming my way than someone else’s.

As long as I can’t see it from my house, I’ll do it (usually)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alex O said:

But it does look shit though doesn’t it, what ever the story is

So take off all the dead stuff on the left (as we look) and reduce to what seems to be live on the right and centre, how’s it look now? 

For all we know it could have been left like that for the bats and bugs, put in some of that Bart Simpson cutting at the ends you’ll have the cognoscenti purring over it.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 1

Don’t be disingenuous Mark!  

Seriously though it’s as boring as hell, load of virtue signally by peeps trying to think of new ways of describing how bad it is and tagging others with “did you do this?”

Pointless.

I cannot see that anyone has done as you allege.

To make it clear I was not making a passive criticism of the work I made it clear I have no training, I just love to do all the necessary tree work needed in my woods myself. (So far I have only lost 2 fingers)

To my untrained eye it looked strange and wondered if there was a silviculture explanation.

The point was/is experienced professionals passing on their knowledge and skills to those who wish to know??

Was gonna ask what coronet pruning was but looked it up

I thought leaving dead branches inc risks of introducing more disease into the tree. Now I have just learned about increasing the biodiversity.

Over 25 years I have read dozens of books, been on courses, watched innumerable videos but you canny beat speaking to the pros.

48 minutes ago, westphalian said:

I cannot see that anyone has done as you allege.

To make it clear I was not making a passive criticism of the work I made it clear I have no training, I just love to do all the necessary tree work needed in my woods myself. (So far I have only lost 2 fingers)

To my untrained eye it looked strange and wondered if there was a silviculture explanation.

The point was/is experienced professionals passing on their knowledge and skills to those who wish to know??

Fair comment.

• Like 1

Leaving aside what the thing looks like I'd say there was actually good intent on the part of the operator; less large cuts have been made just above unions rather than huge cuts being made below them and hence leaving long stubs.

I can visualise a decent operator working with gritted teeth attempting damage limitation within a dictated spec.

Probably not though ?

Edited by nepia
  • Like 2