New climbing rope

gand

Was running blue tongue with spiderjack 2, worked well. Changed to drenaline and it slipped a lot but changing the worn out spiderjack body cured that, to be be fair it was starting to creep on blue tongue as well. Drenaline a bit harder to grip than the B/T but I wear gloves when I climb anyway so not a problem.

On 18/08/2019 at 14:06, htb said:

Was running blue tongue with spiderjack 2, worked well. Changed to drenaline and it slipped a lot but changing the worn out spiderjack body cured that, to be be fair it was starting to creep on blue tongue as well. Drenaline a bit harder to grip than the B/T but I wear gloves when I climb anyway so not a problem.

Until I sorted out the wright braid for the ocean polyester 90cm eye to eye the friction hitch slipped. Now I’m 100% happy with it. But that’s on the Hedera rope I’m using at the moment.

IIRC Hedra is the same as Blue tongue. I run blue tongue with a VT and hitchclimber and 8mm OP and depending on the weather wet or dry I change the number of wraps and braids to get a nice performance from it.

2 hours ago, htb said:

IIRC Hedra is the same as Blue tongue. I run blue tongue with a VT and hitchclimber and 8mm OP and depending on the weather wet or dry I change the number of wraps and braids to get a nice performance from it.

What length of friction cord are you using with a VT on your hitch climber? Plus do you use only one rope for all your tree climbing. 

Edited by Paul Tomo

Variable as I lengthen and shorten depending on number of wraps/braids. I just buy 10m of cord at a time and make my own tying the ends with fishermans knots cut ends are taped and glued with superglue.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 20:45, Paul Tomo said:

The Teufelberger fly is 11.1mm and can be used with the hitch climber, I’ve been told that the hitch climber works better on 11.7 rope with an 8mm friction cord, is this correct.

It depends more on your hitch cord/length/knot setup. I've climbed on velocity for years and love it. Had a few other ropes in between but always go back...

• 1 month later...
I’ve e ordered the Teufelberger Fly and it should arrive Monday. Are you using 8mm cord on your hitch climber?
8mm Marlow viper for me. It's just what my local supplier had in. It's only a mile and a half from home and I drink with a couple of folks who work there. So quicker than mail order