Schleising 200mx or tunnissen 190m

rossj

Hi all 

Im thinking of buying one of the above chippers both are used and both done similar amount of work , im yet to view them but im just after any thoughts on these chippers and which one would be the better choice for me to buy ??

Thank you.

Ross

Get the serial numbers of both and check with the importers for history. Check out that both comply with current H&SE regs and that both are in a condition that you are comfortable with for the cost. Remember that you are also buying a fully loaded trailer so those components need consideration too. Once you done that, go with the one which makes your bell ring! Enjoy your choice!

Slightly different animals really. ive owned a 200mx, good, solid, heavy machine that will last forever but only 28hp so the no stress cuts in little and often. very powerful feed rollers. The tunnissen is as i understood it when i bought one, a cheap copy of a 200 with lots of the same features but cheaper engine, bearings, springs, feed roller motors etc. The no stress does not cut in so often (37hp lombardini) but the feed rollers are not as powerful. Yes it does have a clutch lever to engage drive but so did the old version of the 200mx upon which it was based. i was told because the fly wheels are much larger than some other machines direct drive  systems are not so good for the engines trying to turn over the weight of heavy fly wheels, not so bad for the lighter weight fly wheels nowadays? 200mx has an over run clutch system fitted which does need oil checked and changed.

My tunnissen is still going strong, 13yrs old, never failed me except feed roller bearings. I would have bought another 200mx but i was quoted 26k 13 yrs ago as opposed to 16k for the tunnissen. But i did sell the 200mx for 9k a couple of years ago. i think id be luck to get 2k for the tunnissen!

• Like 1