Firewood value??

Crazy_Bull

I do appreciate this is a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, however some guidance would be helpful.

i have a reasonable heap of assorted timber, approx half arb waste from the resident landscapers, so there is a bit of conifer in there, but not a vast ammount, mix of everything from oak to eucalyptus, birch chestnuts, you name it it's probably in there. But the other half is blackthorn, ash, Hawthorne, elm, from over grown hedge removal on the farm, where I burnt the brash and kept anything 5" plus.

it was mostly cut last winter and this spring, the hedge wood has been in stacks outside till now but is now indoors, but looks very dry thanks to the summer sun, the rest has been inside for 6 months minimum, (well apart from a fresh cut tree at front right that appeared this week).

i have a couple of people interested in some or all of it, as I have no use for this ammount for personal use, and whilst I have the gear to log it up I don't have the inclination to sell it to the public. It would be handy to get this cleared before they start filling it back up again this winter.

so how do I value it, by the tonne is easiest as a weighbridge nearby, but is that fairest, I could let them process it on site and charge a m3 value?

what do you think? There is a 45 gallon drum on the edge of the heap that gives a bit of scale.

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Edited by Crazy_Bull
Forgot a bit

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and some people will pay, but not many.

I would be happy with £50 if they came and took it away..

If you said £5 for a car load you could do OK.

We have just "sold" several 100 tons of arb arisings and think we got £4 or £5 a ton.

Edited by benedmonds
  • Like 1

Thanks, bud I was thinking around £40-50/t so I'm not a million miles out, vs the first reply, I expect there might be a bit more than 5-6mt though, I brought 6 muck grabs full of the hedge bits and only boomed 1/4 way out they were making my 2.5mt loadall bleep. The heap is about 30' deep and about 15' wide, the pictures do make it look small but the shed is huge. 

if they only offer £5/mt I might have to adevertise it as DIY logs ?.

i might have to run it accross the saw bench after all. 

Thanks for the replys chaps ?