Tractor Hydraulics For Forwarder Trailer

sbforestry1

7 hours ago, sbforestry1 said:

Looking out for a used one ideally 8 ton it's just a matter of finding the right one at the right money. Thanks that's great, so only need one spool valve + hyd breaks?

A friend of mine is selling very tidy 8ton , pto pump, brakes,steering drawbar.

message me if interested .

2 hours ago, gdh said:

Is that for driven wheels? 

nope we never go into that bad a site so didnt need them - watch me get stuck now!

tractor came with three spools, think we use two for trailer and obviously a port for brakes cause a loaded trailer will definetly shove, even if valtra has rear wheel weights of 160kg each side.

• Like 1

I expect you need 60-80 lpm to run the thing.  You need to plug one into a single acting spool which you can set to a constant flow and the other side into either a free flow return or a case drain. Basically oil goes into the block and through the crane then it come back to the tractor right back into the tank.  You can run it through the spool but it's not brilliant as the return rate is a little constricted and adds unnecessary heat to the hydraulic system.

Things get a bit more complex if you are running pilot hydraulic lines for the controls or if you are running a CVT with load sensing.

2 minutes ago, david wood said:

nope we never go into that bad a site so didnt need them - watch me get stuck now!

tractor came with three spools, think we use two for trailer and obviously a port for brakes cause a loaded trailer will definetly shove, even if valtra has rear wheel weights of 160kg each side.

Breaks should have its own flat face valve and if there are two one will be your free flow set up as male.

Do you have 6 valves on the back so 3 levers in the cab?  Or two leavers and 3 valves if its the latter the crane oil send wants to go on the one on its own and the drawbar on the dual acting one.

couldnt think of how to describe brakes but yes 1 flat faced valve.

hmm now i have to think how many ports i have - least six and brake one , will look tommorow. now i think about it brain goes blank.

two levers in cab, small one does forward/backwards and big one works forward/back and left right.

3 hours ago, gdh said:

Is that for driven wheels?