Working in Brisbane, Australia.

Hi there,

Potentially thinking about going over to Australia to work. (Ideally Brisbane) Was just wondering if anyone has any information for me that could potentially help me in deciding what/where to go.  
I am 22 years old with 4 years climbing experience. So compared to a lot of guys on here still very new to the game.

I have all the basic 4 tickets then; large fell, rigging, aerial pruning, MEWP and 7.5 tonne lorry tickets.

I also have a level 2 and level 3 in Arboriculture. 

Like I said before any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam. 

• Like 2

Can’t help with the work mate, but Brizzy is a pretty smooth place, my outlaws live there and I’ve been over a couple of times.

Bloody hot - it’s Queensland!

So many places accessible for a weekend - Byron, Noosa etc.

Good luck with it, let us know how you go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cornish guy out there somewhere? Nick from family tree care, think he’s on Facebook. We are emigrating to Aus in jan/Feb but couldn’t get into Brisbane on a permanent visa so heading to NSW , Sydney for a couple of years first then hope to move up there. Loads of companies out there some will give short contracts or you can just sub on a short term basis. Good luck with it all though buddy [emoji41][emoji1598]

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex O said:

Cornish guy out there somewhere? Nick from family tree care, think he’s on Facebook. We are emigrating to Aus in jan/Feb but couldn’t get into Brisbane on a permanent visa so heading to NSW , Sydney for a couple of years first then hope to move up there. Loads of companies out there some will give short contracts or you can just sub on a short term basis. Good luck with it all though buddy emoji41.pngemoji1598.png

Thanks man! It’s such a huge step so just want as much info as possible really. Good luck to yourself also! 

• Like 1

http://www.familytreecare.com.au/
try these for sure , Nick is an old mucker , great climber for sure in his day , was out with him last year when he was over for a pint or 10 and looks like he has it sorted there [emoji106]

Hi bud, I believe you past his details to me[emoji6]. Will have to do two years in nsw before we can go up there but still wanting to settle in Brisbane as Sydney is pretty expensive place to live
  • Thanks 1

Hi mate,

I’ve worked in Brisbane for a company called heritage tree care. Fantastic company to work for with decent work and good equipment. With your qualifications & experience I reckon they would be interested hearing from you.

I personally enjoyed myself out there, brilliant weather and the pace of work/life is much slower but not too slow.

Look up heritage tree care, Brisbane and send over an e mail if your interested.

• Thanks 1