Want to turn milled timber into £££££££?

Squaredy

Anyone sitting on a stock of good milled hardwood they want to shift for a wholesale price?

I am looking to buy decent quality UK grown hardwoods, and will pay between about £10 and £15 per cubic foot, so about half retail price.

I will buy Ash, Beech, Cherry, Elm, London Plane, Oak, Sycamore, Sweet Chestnut, Walnut and a few others.

Quality has to be good or interesting if that makes sense.  In other words good clean timber is good, but interesting, characterful, pippy wood is also good.  A few splits are fine, and of course a few big knots also.

I buy whole packs, not just a few boards, so I do not expect to go through your stock cherry-picking the best boards.  If the pack looks decent I will buy the whole lot.  Thickness is not too important and neither is width, as long as they are at least six inches wide.

I mainly buy logs in and mill them and dry them but at present I could do with more dried stock so maybe this will help some of you who have good stock but don’t really have the time to sell it.

You will need to be near South East Wales, or able to deliver to me.

Feel free to PM me or reply for more information.

27 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Green or seasoned?
Got lots of sawlogs here.

I am mainly after seasoned milled timber.  I also have plenty of sawlogs.  Having said that I am always looking for sawlogs, and will need some in a couple of months maybe.  Feel free to PM me what you have and prices.

12 minutes ago, Big J said:

If you need more elm, Andrew and Ross at my old sawmill have loads (at least 50 tonnes) in stock in the round. 

No more Elm needed just yet thanks Jonathon.  Maybe in the future....most of what I had from you is now drying in my sheds, but a few lucky customers got to pick a few bits as we stacked it all...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Blaisey said:

Hi, I have some dry slabs Im willing to sell.  I will DM my number

Hi Blaisey, thanks for that, I will ring you and chat sometime.  I enjoyed watching your videos, and as someone else said that is a neat little fork truck, what is it called?  I tried following the link but it is dead now.  I guess they don't come up too often second hand....I have certainly never seen one and I look a lot for that sort of machine!  

• Like 1