Loadhandler pics for Bustergasket

Woodworks

Thought I would make a separate thread for our discussion.

Doing some deliveries today so taken some pictures of how how I use the Loadhandler. First off are the greedy boards which take seconds to attach. The front should really be improved but it's still hanging in there haha. I drag the sheet right out and lap it over the front board. Get some logs on this and then lap it back over and finish loading. This stops the sheet pulling out without the logs. The floor has a slippy sheet of HDPE plastic as my truck had previously been painted with a non slip liner. A loadliner would also work fine. The Loadhandler itself is fixed to a piece of steel which I have permanently bolted to the tailgate. 2 bolts is all that fixes it in place.  To stop the tailgate lifting you would normally use a couple of straps which come with the Loadhandler and hook them onto the bumper but they dont work well on this Hilux due to bumper position. Worked fine on the Dmax. I have fitted a removable strut to hold the tailgate down and it's better than the straps ever were.  You can see how much was left in after winding out 2 cube. Hope that all makes sense 

IMG_20180824_093059.jpg

IMG_20180824_093156.jpg

IMG_20180824_093105.jpg

IMG_20180824_093243.jpg

IMG_20180824_093405.jpg

IMG_20180824_094235.jpg

IMG_20180824_094332.jpg

IMG_20180824_102503.jpg

IMG_20180824_102822.jpg

IMG_20180824_102952.jpg

IMG_20180824_103158.jpg

• Like 3

That looks like you have made that work great [emoji106] nice to see a few mods to. i like the way those greedy boards also flush out the sides so logs don’t get stuck, great idea and i think one of these is going to save me some time and effort, i currently have my logs in large vented bags that i place half on tail and half on the bed, then use the tipping loops to up end, closing the gate as the bag starts to lift and tip.... so i can see it might pull the sheet a bit one way or the other or forward and back, do you know how it deals with wrinkles in the sheet ? do you use a machine to load ? ultimately i think it will work great so gotta give it a try, cheers for the pics, very much appreciated and interesting. cheers

3 hours ago, Bustergasket said:

do you know how it deals with wrinkles in the sheet ? do you use a machine to load ? ultimately i think it will work great so gotta give it a try, cheers for the pics, very much appreciated and interesting. cheers

Wrinkles front to back dont matter in the slightest other than lessening how much you can lap over the front but you want the sheet to stay as wide as possible. IBC are tipped in with a rotator.

Good luck with it. If you are handy most niggles can be overcome. Still got some improvement ideas but never get around to them.

• 1 year later...

Not often that I am handling chip but had to take some trees down into the neighbours field so put all the brash through the branch logger and bring it back in the truck. Used the Loadhandler for logs for years but amazed how well they work with chip as well. 

Why have they not caught on more? 

IMG_20190912_154044.jpg

IMG_20190912_154332.jpg

IMG_20190912_154141.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Not often that I am handling chip but had to take some trees down into the neighbours field so put all the brash through the branch logger and bring it back in the truck. Used the Loadhandler for logs for years but amazed how well they work with chip as well. 

IMG_20190912_154044.jpg

IMG_20190912_154332.jpg

IMG_20190912_154141.jpg

I bought one of the first to be available here in the UK . I think they have stopped importing them . Don't seem to advertise now anyway . The one thing that I did not like is the fact that the plastic parts on the securing straps rubbed the paint of my tail gate . No biggie as it was a work truck and a bit of a scrunter .  

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

IMG_20190912_154044.jpg

IMG_20190912_154332.jpg

IMG_20190912_154141.jpg

Just out of interest, what do you use the branch loggings for - seems an awfully leafy load!

Just now, scbk said:

Just out of interest, what do you use the branch loggings for - seems an awfully leafy load!

I generally use the tidy sticks up to around 3" for charcoal making. It does look leafy but it's everything from 3" down in there and felt fairly heavy driving it back. 

27 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I bought one of the first to be available here in the UK . I think they have stopped importing them . Don't seem to advertise now anyway . The one thing that I did not like is the fact that the plastic parts on the securing straps rubbed the paint of my tail gate . No biggie as it was a work truck and a bit of a scrunter .  

Much as I like the guys and girls at Galbraith Bros they could do a way better job of advertising the Loadhandler. The amount of folk I meet who think mine is brilliant and ask had I invented it as they had never seen or heard of them. Yes they are still on these shores 

WWW.LOADHANDLER.CO.UK

LoadHandler UK - The Pickup Truck unloader - now available in the UK

• Thanks 1