Forst ST8 spout question.

Mick Dempsey

This is a problem with the older jensens mick.... it will eventually wear through and need cutting out and patching or a fresh length of metal welding to that side of the chute.

can effect throw of chip also

Edited by swinny

19 minutes ago, swinny said:

This is a problem with the older jensens mick.... it will eventually wear through and need cutting out and patching or a fresh length of metal welding to that side of the chute.

can effect throw of chip also

Thanks Chris, 700 hours!

Something else to add to the list.

200hrs and ours was almost a hole so had the back cut out and a full length piece of 4mm rolled so I could weld it in, which is how it should have been from day one really, apparently we were chipping too much big timber and had rolers to fast so too much chip hitting it.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gray git said:

200hrs and ours was almost a hole so had the back cut out and a full length piece of 4mm rolled so I could weld it in, which is how it should have been from day one really, apparently we were chipping too much big timber and had rolers to fast so too much chip hitting it.

Jesus, you weren’t chipping wood with a wood chipper were you?

What were you thinking?

• Haha 3

on my Vermeer 1250 the chute had what looked like half an orange where the chip had been hitting before it eventually blew out.

Vermeer Corp beefed up the chutes on the 1800xl where the chip hits but for some strange reason made the sides out of 2mm and this is where they then failed. On mine i replaced the 2mm sheet with 6mm plate and problem solved

• Like 1