[emoji298][emoji298][emoji298] Don't Try This.!!! ... Highly Dangerous.!!! [emoji298][emoji298][emoji298]

Drew87

You would think that some one would be able to supply a ready built box by now, save us fiddling with microwaves or neon transformers, is it really so much different from a welder that you can get in any supermarket or diy shed, safety wise that is.

Hey Lazurus..

There is apparently,, But I haven't looked into it.. Nor would I trust one without Seeing it Built for Myself.. Thing with Microwaves is, Unless you have a Geiger Counter..

The risk of Radiation Is MASSIVE.!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Magnetron not Megatron emoji1.png.. My era was the Cartoon Versionemoji106.png..

Magnetron is the Radioactive Component of a MW. Which is usually Right Above / Next to the Transformer.

Snot radoactive it's a radio frequency waveguide, it'll cook your gonads at close range.

I thought it was only the high voltage that did the burning ,  in which case no reason to use the RF is there? mind in the labs they keep one hand behind their backs.

Snot radoactive it's a radio frequency waveguide, it'll cook your gonads at close range.  

I thought it was only the high voltage that did the burning ,  in which case no reason to use the RF is there? mind in the labs they keep one hand behind their backs.

Thought that's how it creates/activates the waves to cook from.? (Magnetron.?) Either way.. Weren't gonna touch it even.. Warning Sticker said 'Radiation', As well as the vid I watched,, that's all I had to see .. [emoji1] .. 

Wiring was the easy bit. Yes, Its the Volts that burns n amps av a job.. thought that was common sense.. getting to know the burn times of this slab was a challenge..

(Less-More Resistance in places through the plank) ,, It even started a new burn in a random place I didn't want.

Its sketchy as hell, So until I try make it Safer.. I'm not gonna play about with it til then.. Til then, It's more about trying to Control the burn,, Timing & Safety..

Also didn't want it Arcing.. So had small timed burns.. (8sec .. 13.. 15..). 58mins

I'm not a Rocket Scientist by any means.. Probably pushin insanity to try this [emoji1].. But I have some pretty smart mates too,, smart friends that's Now, Interested in helping on the improvements. (Divs waited to see if I cremated myself I'm sure of it [emoji1] )

4 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Thought that's how it creates/activates the waves to cook from.? (Magnetron.?) Either way.. Weren't gonna touch it even.. Warning Sticker said 'Radiation', As well as the vid I watched,, that's all I had to see .. emoji1.png ..

Yes it's dangerous but its electromagnetic radiation rather than alpha, beta or gamma radiation from nuclear fission

4 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Wiring was the easy bit. Yes, Its the Volts that burns..

The saying is "it's Volts that jolts but mills that kills" so the voltage drives the shock but it's the milliamps passing through vital organs that kills you, hence in the bad old days  they did everything one handed to prevent a shock passing from one arm to another and stopping the heart in between.

Personally I'd look on it the same as a wood processor and its safety switches, all voltages held to earth unless all safety covers in place.

• Like 2

The idea behind the 'Safer Usage' ..

Not tested it in ways of output, milliamps or any other so far bud.. but yes, Amperage kills = destroys matter etc..
Not trying to get people's brains ticking into trying to make one here either Spaceman, so trying to avoid going into details liiiike & purposely haven't stated what I've used .. Hope you understand why dude..
PM me though bud..
I had, now expired,, certs in Electronic & Electrical Installation,, Rules & Regs -16th edit .. to NVQ Lvl 2,, but this is still new learning to me, ..
I know what your saying about the safety features too dude & will be adding a couple more but am in no rush either.. Knowing my luck I'll miss something & that be that... brown bread..

As for the A, Beta, G.. I dont know much about that except School Lessons,, & Didn't wanna even chance it once I saw that Sticker .. (Hesitated for a couple days before I built the Box to be honest).

For the distance I was away from it when it was turned on.. 10ft or so .. or on the other side of the window about 6ft away .. It felt Wrong .. Just shy of an hour into it, skin felt kinda,, 'Tingly' .. So packed it up & this is what came out the other end.

Reducing Exposure.. Is supposed to be a way forward in Safer Use,, And I'm all for that [emoji1][emoji106]

'Dirty Electricity' is just dangerous as.. & after everything learnt at school & college,, forgotten & rekindling,, this isn't something I'd like to do on a regular basis OSpaceM.. but more of an ongoing experiment with myself as the Ginnie Pig.. even though the pig usually gets roasted [emoji2].

Next attempt will be on more pine but 2" thicker slab.. Sharpened rods & other bits & bobs chucked on... "Can I Do It, Safer.?" Is the only thing I'm looking at at the mo.

22 hours ago, Lazurus said:

You would think that some one would be able to supply a ready built box by now, save us fiddling with microwaves or neon transformers, is it really so much different from a welder that you can get in any supermarket or diy shed, safety wise that is.

There's one available in the US but you'll need a transformer http://conestogaworks.com/woodburners.html

I like the idea of the foot operated power switch so you can keep your hands free to use the kit, but I'm still not keen on trying it myself

There's one available in the US but you'll need a transformer http://conestogaworks.com/woodburners.html

I like the idea of the foot operated power switch so you can keep your hands free to use the kit, but I'm still not keen on trying it myself

That's a Nice looking kit.. But surely the point IS the Transformer..

Otherwise its still putting people at risk to get the Trannie in the first place.?. Or buy one New from somewhere.?

Typical of the States to sell a Product thats Banned there though.. Kinda like Grenfells Cladding Insulation Incident [emoji848] ..