Good job the customer was out

Woodworks

Doing a delivery yesterday and was winding the logs out on the Loadhandler. Noticed a pong in the air and thought there must be something dead laying around in the wild garden. Then noticed a desiccated rat in the load of logs! Fortunately the customer was out and just chucked it back into the truck. Thats one of the downsides to tipping loads in instead of being hand sorted. 

IMG_20180817_132949#1.jpg

• Haha 1

It's taken a few mods to get to work as well it does now. I run a single cab and the attachments would cover the handles on the tail gate. Not a problem with a twin cab or supercab as they have the tailgate handle in the middle. Logs can get wedged up behind the wheel arches. But having greedy boards set up at and angle this problem can be nearly overcome. The shaft the drag sheet winds onto is made up of separate pieces that screw together. I balls up the threads through overuse and fitted a single straight tube. The drag sheet frays on the edges and need a bit of trimming from time to time. Having said all these bad things I would not be without it. Just coming up to our 1000th load and all of them have been done with a Loadhandler. 1m3 in a single cab placed more to the centre will come out petty much perfectly leaving barely a log. 2m3 load generally there is a bit of log retrieval to be done but probably only a 20th of the load. Can take some pics next time I am set up for logs ie with greedy boards.

We deliver to a lot of places where they want the logs in the garage. With the Loadhandler you can just back in and wind them out. You couldn't do that with a tipper as it would hit the roof. Days like today I am just using the truck as regular truck with a tonneau cover. No lose of payload capacity that you would have with the weight of a tipping back and rams etc.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1