Those 2 stroke oils.....

Baldbloke

I know some of you use Alkylate (?) pre- mixed fuels, so this maybe won’t be of interest. A 5 litre container of 2 stroke oil lasts me a long time as I’m now a small time saw user limited to my own firewood cutting to keep a 60Kw biomass going.

I’ve recently run out of Husqvarnas own brand oil and was wondering over the benefits or concerns of changing to another brand?

Up here it appears that stihls one shot option is ultra expensive and a bulk buy in 5 ltr is not available. Likewise Husky oil now appears to be being sold in 1 ltr lots.

Anyone happy with using Oregon’s oil in their Saws?

Personally I wouldn't bother with one shots due to the expense-this I why I use five litre bottles. Also if your machines run well on the Husqvarna's oil there is probably no point switching to other oil. So long as the oil you are currently using is semi or fully synthetic and you use fresh fuel you should be fine. If you do want to switch to Stihl oil try the Inverness branch of HIS. Can't comment on the Oregon oil as I've never tried it.

Run all of mine on Stihl HP Super (the green stuff) and Shell/Gleaner/BP fuel, don't have any of the autotune saws mind. Only 3 Strato saws and they run well on it. You will get the oils from pete at strathbogie in 1l or 5l cans at a similar price to Jonsie

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, htb said:

Run all of mine on Stihl HP Super (the green stuff) and Shell/Gleaner/BP fuel, don't have any of the autotune saws mind. Only 3 Strato saws and they run well on it. You will get the oils from pete at strathbogie in 1l or 5l cans at a similar price to Jonsie

Same stuff I use and it hasn't given my FS460 which is autotuned any problems.

mate of mine does fire wood and buys fully synth 2T motorcycle racing oil in 5L containers and it works out very cheap,  uses it in his off road bikes and chainsaws. I splash out on Redline 2T oil which works out at about £24 per litre and mix it with regular pump petrol!

Bought a 5 ltr container of Husqvarna oil from them last time but am very rarely down in Huntly.