60cc saw class views on Heated Handles or not

arbormonkey

I've got 372/562/346 "G" option and no bother with them. Keep the switch clean i.e. spray a bit of WD40 type oil in and all ok I've found. As for not doing enough is the only reason for needing the G option, it is a matter of fact ( a German study I recall ? ) that even during summer turning them on  for a little while is very good for the circulation which long term is a good thing ! So if I had my early days back again they would not be a waste of time...

As said stood on spikes the best for you is the best you feel comfy with. I stopped climbing about 8 years ago but if I still was daily then a 562 would be a good choice. I was going add maybe the heater would not be a must have if you are climbing but how many times are you "hanging" around re rigging or for a traffic stop and  I rethought that and it would be nice to warm up a bit when you start again ?  

I've got 372/562/346 "G" option and no bother with them. Keep the switch clean i.e. spray a bit of WD40 type oil in and all ok I've found. As for not doing enough is the only reason for needing the G option, it is a matter of fact ( a German study I recall ? ) that even during summer turning them on  for a little while is very good for the circulation which long term is a good thing ! So if I had my early days back again they would not be a waste of time...
As said stood on spikes the best for you is the best you feel comfy with. I stopped climbing about 8 years ago but if I still was daily then a 562 would be a good choice. I was going add maybe the heater would not be a must have if you are climbing but how many times are you "hanging" around re rigging or for a traffic stop and  I rethought that and it would be nice to warm up a bit when you start again ?  

Thanks for your insight realy apprechiate it im forever cleaning my saws and servicing them so i would make sure the switch was clean and that does sound like a interesting studdy and when you think about it it makes alot of sense

I run a 550xpg as a small day to day domestic saw. Had my heated handles on a few times when ringing up etc any time of the year. All my saws will most likely be heated handles from now on.

2-2.5yrs in they still work.... take a little while to warm up mind

im looking after my hands if possible. Couldnt give a monkeys about extra weight on a harness. Only need to be thinking about that if you have to take 660 or god forbid 880 up a tree!

Edited by swinny

I run a 550xpg as a small day to day domestic saw. Had my heated handles on a few times when ringing up etc any time of the year. All my saws will most likely be heated handles from now on.

2-2.5yrs in they still work.... take a little while to warm up mind

im looking after my hands if possible. Couldnt give a monkeys about extra weight on a harness. Only need to be thinking about that if you have to take 660 or god forbid 880 up a tree!

If i need an 880 taking up i now know who to call [emoji23][emoji23] 661 is enough to give the harness a good pull never purchased an 880 because would properly spend more time on the shelf than in use but yerh back to the huskys i was thinking how long do they take to heat up im the same with the extra weight dont mind if you can have a bit of extra comfort acording to husky its about point 8 of a kg difference so its nothing realy an if there still going strong after 2 years plus then it answers my question regarding longterm reliability

56 minutes ago, arbormonkey said:

If i need an 880 taking up i now know who to call emoji23.pngemoji23.png 661 is enough to give the harness a good pull never purchased an 880 because would properly spend more time on the shelf than in use but yerh back to the huskys i was thinking how long do they take to heat up im the same with the extra weight dont mind if you can have a bit of extra comfort acording to husky its about point 8 of a kg difference so its nothing realy an if there still going strong after 2 years plus then it answers my question regarding longterm reliability

Ha no dont call me lol. Im not one for an 880 up a tree but thought i’d best include it as an example! 

Otherwise some macho person be along saying about they use an 880 up a tree and a 660 is light as a feather haha lol

id go for it. My next 70cc and 90cc will have them

Edited by swinny

1 hour ago, arbormonkey said:

never purchased an 880 because would properly spend more time on the shelf than in use b

If I had realised the benefits of skip chain I doubt I would have bought an O84 as I suspect the Husky 288 would have managed if I could have found a 36" bar, a bit pedestrian though.